Hardwood floor mobile home

We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can i Use to look like hardwood

Reply to
Turkey lady 3

No, your problem is you have a 2010 champion double wide. Remember, duct tape is your friend.

Reply to
Albert Einstein

Hardwood can be used if you have a firm enough sub-floor. Kinda hard to nail hardwood to the compressed cardboard/straw/matchsticks that a lot of manufacturers use for floor sheathing. Put 5/8" ply down first over everything and you can put down any hardwood you like.

Reply to
clare

The cost of the 5/8" ply would double the cost of the flooring.

Reply to
Jack G.

The hardwood will double the cost of the double-wide - so what's your point??? If you waqnt it you want it - and you pay.

Reply to
clare

what's wrong with some Laminate?

i think they make them pretty nice looking nowadays?

marc

Reply to
21blackswan