Hardwood Floor in Kitchen

My husband believes kitchen chairs would mark up a hardwood floor if we had one installed in the kitchen. Any comments would be appreciated. Pat
put the little pad thingys on the bottom of the legs and anything else that will be moved around and there is no problem
Patscga wrote:

Patscga wrote:

Sure they will...dents, scuffs from dragging them around. So? Floors are meant to be used.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patscga) wrote in

Not as much damage as water
On 15 May 2004 21:21:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patscga) wrote:

I have hardwood in the dining room with no sign of marks from chairs. I put stick-on felt pads on all the legs.

I used the nail on type..just did not trust the stick on kind.
NEVER FORGET!!! http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0109/missing/files/toyen.amy.html
Whether you use nail-on, screw-on, or self-stick pads, just be sure to use the heavy, quality felt ones; not plastic nor chrome pads. We had no trouble with hardwood in the kitchen. Just make sure the plumbing is up to standard in the kitchen area, as water is wood's greatest enemy, next to grit and dirt.