Hardwood Floor Finish - Oil or Water Based?

We'll be installing Australian Cypress flooring in our house in a few months. I'm curious whether water based poly or oil based poly produces a harder finish?
I like the amber tone that oil based poly gives wood, but it also takes longer to dry than water based.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of oil vs. poly?
Thanks,
Anthony

My understanding is water based poly is harder.
Dave Solly wrote:

Mine is vice versa.
Flecto, maker of Varathane, states on the WB "Hardest finish we make" or something close to that. Oil dries slower and smells as well as giving an ambering cast to the wood. WB is almost odorless and dries fast and can be tinted with dyes for ambering if needed.

snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

Doesn't pop the grain either.