Hardwood Floor Colour Change?

I have a big south facing window that will allow a lot of sunlight in, especially in the Summer. I am planning to put either White Oak, Kempas or Cumaru (Brazillian Teak) in and I would like to ask which one is more prone to change colour.
And if it does change colour, which one will look worse comparing to the others?
Thanks.

They will all fade seriously in southern sunlight, even light-stained oak. You might consider using a curtain on that window, or put uv blocking film on the inside of the window to prolong the natural color of your new floor.
Water base finishes darken the least, windows with Low E will retrard suns effects dramaticly. I cant say for wood but oak is oak, teak is nicer in looks and is darker to start with. Never heard of Kempas. My red oak south facing with area rugs has not changed color even under rugs in 14 years . My glass filters most of the harmfull rays. Glass and finish are key.
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:59:44 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

If I tint my windows, would that help? Thanks.
You will have to protect the wood from UV light. I know they make glass that filters UV light. I know some wood finishes have UV inhibitors in them. You will have to do some research to find which method (possibly both) will best suit your situation. Window tinting may or may not work, depending on whether it filters out the UV component of sunlight, so don't talk about sunlight, talk about UV light.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

there.
What are your windows now, are they faily new low E, Argon dual pane, do you have fading problems now.