Hardware for bi-fold doors

Can replacement hardware be purchased for bi-fold doors? I know this seems like a simple question but my local (little town) hardware/grocery store/USPS office was thoroughly confused by the question. I would be looking for the suspension hardware that makes the door move in the upper tract (there is no lower tract on this door).
Is it worth replacing? Does the door function correctly with replacement hardware or is it easier/less aggravating in the long run to replace the whole unit?
Thx. Giselle

You might be able to get replacement parts, but each bifold door system is different and you'd have to know your brand/model and probably get the parts from the manufacturer.
You can order a new door it which will pretty much drop right into the door. This will include the track, rollers, lower pivot, and additional parts. You may or may not need to replace all those parts to get the door working.
-Tim

http://www.johnsonhardware.com /
Excellent hardware, excellent service and pretty good prices.
I have no connection with this company, I'm just a satisfied customer.]
John
"John?] "

Great site. Thanks, John. And thank you, too, Tim. I appreciate the guidance. I think I might try replacing the hardware before I give up and replace the entire door. (Heck, for a while now I've been using some jimmied-up screw and washer to make it work. ;)
Giselle

If by "door" you mean the actual wood door, you shouldn't need to replace that, unless it's badly damaged. '
If by "door" you mean "the entire hardware kit" then disregard this <g>.
-Tim

By door I meant, "if I can't make this damn wooden thing fold open and closed without falling off the tract and hitting me in the head three times a week then I'm going to burn it on the trash pile and laugh while I do it".
So I guess I'm trying hardware replacement first.
Did that make sense? :)