hardiplank vs pine

Just want to confirm from what homedepot told me .... I asked if the dimensions of 1"x4" pine was the same as 1"x4" hardiplank. He told me only the thickness is different. He said pine is 3/4" thick and hardiplank is 1" thick. Is this correct?
I plan on replacing some outside house trim originally pine now with hardiplank. I want to replace a vertical 1x4 trim now in pine with hardiplank that will meet just under the soffit to a horizontal 1x4 pine (butt together). I'm thinking no one will notice a 1/4" difference in thickness 2 stories high just under the soffit and painted.

Is hardiplank outdoor weatherproof?????

According to James Hardie. :)
Doug-
The Hardiplank siding I've used is way thinner than 3/4"...... I remember it being very flexible. What Hardie supplies is different from region to region.
I believe what oyu want is Hardie Trim. Again availability driven by region.
check this link http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner/products-exterior.shtml
Don't forget to call CEA.
cheers Bob

Hardi has both siding and trim. The siding is thinner than 3/4 inch and is indeed somewhat flexible in the long boards. The trim as I remember was of standard sizes 3/4 x 4" in 8,10, and 12 foot lengths. It is great stuff and takes paint very well.
To be save though, measure some of it before you buy it.
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:13:10 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

That's what it's made for. It's concrete, so it better be. ;-)

I replace 1x4 trim pine with hardiplank all the time, and you will not know it's hardiplank, if I do not tell you it is...
--
Disallow: /