Hardieplank

There is a lot of discussion of fiber cement boards on alt.home.repair & alt.building.construction. Since the quality of wood available is much reduced over the past 40 years or so, synthetics are an increasingly good choice. Fiber cement comes in many forms, resists deterioration, & holds paint well. Fiber cement is heavy & Dust from sawing is dangerous. Read manufacturer directions carefully.

TB

Reply to
tbasc

Any opinions about Hardieplank--good and bad?

Reply to
kati_e

Thanks, there's a lot of good information on the other group. I appreciate the suggestion.

I'm looking for something that holds the paint well--HardiePlank seems to be the ticket.

Reply to
kati_e

i agree with your assessment. made me wonder why they called it hardi, should have called it plain old plank. or hardly plank:)

Reply to
Chuck Norris

i am applying hardiplank to 3 buildings roughly 260'x70' each. i just started with it not too long ago and already im not set on it. heavy, dangerous dust, lots of scrap from the slightest ding, flimsy, the seams look like a**, and it doesnt seem to hold a nail worth a hoot

Reply to
I R Baboon