Hardie Board Siding questions...

I am replacing the siding on my house with planked Hardie....when they take off the old siding what should they do BEFORE putting up new Hardie.....house is almost twenty years old....should they remove any installation and or paper such as tyback or what and what should they put in between the studs before the new Hardie goes up..........someone said...foam board.....then was told NO because I am in Houston,TX area....HELP...
Also, other questions.. ...can the man made marble look alike around the sides of my tub be cut...........could I remove the man made marble and have "tile" put up the sides of the tub up from the floor to the bottom ledge of the tub....this is not fiberglass ...it may be called cultured marble.......could a hole be cut in the vanity of the same material and then a sink put in............ .....can the backsplash be replaced in the kitchen without compromising the countertop with is laminate.... ...what is the best way to block heat from coming in an old brick house...........is there anyway to "shoot" stuff between the studs to decrease heat coming in.......... ....
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm surprised on one answered your question.
umm... what was the question again?