Hard Water Stains on Roof

Please help! I have a new roof, and an evaporative cooler. Some of the water inevitable has gotten out, and now I have hard water stains on my new roof.....what can I do to clean this off? It seems to be the scourage of all houses in the SW!

Thanks

Reply to
Simpledog

First, I recommend we do something about that leak. Why is it leaking? Is it rusted through in some places? Perhaps the overflow tube has a crack? (Happened to my Uncle's cooler.) Also, why is the water so hard? Do you use some sort of bleed off line or purge system to remove hardened water? I'm sure you don't drain your cooler directly to you roof.

I don't know what to do with the hard water stains except some sort of household calcium and mineral deposit removed. Or you could replace the bad shingles.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike Fritz

Repair/replace the leaky cooler. The shingles _could_ be replaced, but I'd wait 'til a couple monsoons hit, and see if some "acid rain" helps. The bleed-off systems work well to help keep the mineral deposits down, but unless you use that drainage (irrigation, etc.) they waste a lot of water. Tom Have scourage! Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom