Hard Start Kit GE Refrigerator

This is a follow up from the following thread:

Anyway, I got the Supco RC 0410 ($24) and I have some questions...

The 3-in-1 has three wires (white, black and red) that connect to the compressor. No problem there. The question I have is how to hook up the 2 black "power wires".

Here is my problem:

From the plug, there is a green ground, then a big square part. From

the plug side of the square comes a black wire that goes to the cap. (A white wire goes from the cap to what I think is the realy (see below)). From the fridge side of the square there is 5 wires. A brown, black and orange that go foward past the coils toward the front of the fridge. There is also a orange wire that goes to the guardette and a black wire that goes to what I think is the relay. (What I think is the relay has a copper coil on it and a red sticker and has 3 clips that attach to the compressor). (After the guardette there is an orange wire that goes to the fan and then a grey wire that comes off the fan.)

How do I hook up the 2 wires from the SUPCO 3-in-1 to the power cord?

Also, the orange wire between the square part and the guardette is dried out and cracked. Also, the black wire between the square part and what I think is the relay is also cracked.

I appreciate any help you all can supply.

Dennis

Reply to
dennis

Anyone have any thoughts at all?

Reply to
dennis

I can't visualize your setup. But typically, there are two wires that go to a compressor. Power, and neutral. Plus a ground. Sometimes the fan under the fridge wires to the compressor, also. Most likely you have a power and neutral wire, and then two wires to the fan.

Power wire goes to one of the fan wires, and one of the supco black wires. Neutral wire goes to one of the fan wires, and one of the supco black wires.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I will post a diagram of it next week.

Reply to
dennis

OK: Here is the link to the diagram I drew:

So, I need to know how to hook up the hard start and also how to replace the broken wires. (Do I need to replace the square part on the cord that all the wires splice out of?

-Dennis

Reply to
dennis

I got a link to file factory, but could not figure out how to download the diagram.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

E-mail me at denniss11422 This is a yahoo-dot-com address. I will email you the bmp drawing I did. For some reason the link is not working for me today either. It worked when I posted it.

Reply to
dennis

Actually I did get the link to work again. After it finishes the estimated wait time countdown, click "Don't want a premium download..." Then it says "Here are your downloading options" Click on one of them Close any pop-ups, then click where it says "If your download does not start automatically click HERE"

Reply to
dennis

I am guessing I have to hook the SUPCO up to the black wire that goes to the cap and to the black wire that goes to the relay, and then replace the broken wires. Not sure how to do that though, since they come out of the square part on the power cord. Those broken wires are BRITTLE!

Reply to
dennis