Hard Start Kit GE Refrigerator

This is a follow up from the following thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/a7dc8353ec6711bc/b06b0b481767d25b?q=GE+refrigerator+35+years+old&rnum=1#b06b0b481767d25b
Anyway, I got the Supco RC 0410 ($24) and I have some questions...
The 3-in-1 has three wires (white, black and red) that connect to the compressor. No problem there. The question I have is how to hook up the 2 black "power wires".
Here is my problem:

(A white wire goes from the cap to what I think is the realy (see below)). From the fridge side of the square there is 5 wires. A brown, black and orange that go foward past the coils toward the front of the fridge. There is also a orange wire that goes to the guardette and a black wire that goes to what I think is the relay. (What I think is the relay has a copper coil on it and a red sticker and has 3 clips that attach to the compressor). (After the guardette there is an orange wire that goes to the fan and then a grey wire that comes off the fan.)
How do I hook up the 2 wires from the SUPCO 3-in-1 to the power cord?
Also, the orange wire between the square part and the guardette is dried out and cracked. Also, the black wire between the square part and what I think is the relay is also cracked.
I appreciate any help you all can supply.
Dennis
Anyone have any thoughts at all?
I can't visualize your setup. But typically, there are two wires that go to a compressor. Power, and neutral. Plus a ground. Sometimes the fan under the fridge wires to the compressor, also. Most likely you have a power and neutral wire, and then two wires to the fan.
Power wire goes to one of the fan wires, and one of the supco black wires. Neutral wire goes to one of the fan wires, and one of the supco black wires.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
E-mail me at denniss11422 This is a yahoo-dot-com address. I will email you the bmp drawing I did. For some reason the link is not working for me today either. It worked when I posted it.
Actually I did get the link to work again. After it finishes the estimated wait time countdown, click "Don't want a premium download..." Then it says "Here are your downloading options" Click on one of them Close any pop-ups, then click where it says "If your download does not start automatically click HERE"
I am guessing I have to hook the SUPCO up to the black wire that goes to the cap and to the black wire that goes to the relay, and then replace the broken wires. Not sure how to do that though, since they come out of the square part on the power cord. Those broken wires are BRITTLE!