Harbor Freight Tools

Answer: YES, NO, DEFINITELY, POSITIVELY, MAYBE, I DON'T KNOW, AND IT DEPENDS.

There is no doubt that tools bought from other sources sometimes and often last a lot longer than tools bought at HF. There are some tools, however, that are outrageously overpriced for their use, and HF is a good deal.

Ferinstance: A two way square post level. Cheap at HF, a lot more somewhere else. How many times are you going to use a two way post level?

Hammers: Decent enough at HF, but if you're a framer, you may want to go the extra $$ for a good one elsewhere.

Power equipment: Okay for occasional use.

Air tools: see above.

Bottom line: If you know your tools, you know when it will last for YOUR purpose. If you need something for heavy industrial every day use, you need to spend the bux and get a good one, because you're depending on it to work every day no questions asked, and make you money. For other stuff, HF is okay.

I got a band saw, and I like it a lot. I know it wouldn't last for constant or hard use, but it works for what I need. It was $149, and most others are

3 to 8 times that much.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I've heard of the Multi Tool, tools you can use multiple times before discarding, and multiple use tools. Are you referring to a multiple use multiple purpose Multi Tool?

Sounds interesting.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

wrote

And how long have you had this preoccupation with other male's penises?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

it's a copy of the Fein Multimaster,an oscillating pad sander with all sorts of versatile sanding and saw attachments.Like a grout saw blade.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

One advantage of cheap tools is that when and if it fails, by that time you should know if you used it and how. You should be able to decide whether to buy another cheap one, an expensive one, or none at all.

This is even more true with things you find in the trash.

MM, who yesterday used his HF knock-off of a Dremel for the first time in the two years he's had it. Just to enlarge the metal door latch hole in my door frame. It worked fine. I guess otherwise I would have had to take the metal off and use a file. Or my own knockoff made from an old sewing machine motor and a 69 cent flexible shaft (bought 30 years ago when 69 cents was real money.)

Reply to
mm

Darn, I thought he said small duck.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

TMI

Reply to
salty

Considering your screen name, that's funny.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I had a sense this thread would last a couple days.

That's not any old Betsy, that's a master betsy!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks, Betsy!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Git im, Salty!

With a 40x magnifier, the world is your playground.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OK, boys, cut the crap. Time to change this thread.

I wonder what it would be like if HF sold Depends? With coupon.... Plumbers could get them half off, in the back. Not all it's cracked up to be. No Sh**!

.

TMI

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I can't believe anyone took my reply seriously.

Reply to
Tony

Would it be better if he was preoccupied with other female penises?

Reply to
Tony

Click the "It's Betty" button first.

Jim

Reply to
Master Betty

OK, a leatherman. I use one, never without it.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Ahhh. A few days ago, at WallyWorld, there was a row of TV screens. There was an ad but no sound for a wrench that had like a ball on both ends with different sized six sided holes, making that a MultiWrench. They were showing it being used on a bicycle. I'm going to check them out, as it would be a good tool to take in an ATV box for emergencies.

I still think my idea of a MultipleUseMultiPurposeMultiTool is a good one, though. Now watch some bastard rip me off.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Or, more interesting than that, go to

for the real answers

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

I've been seeing those "dumbbell" wrenches around for years.I think they only had FOUR sizes on each end,because one axial side of each ball has the connecting bar,and the other end is useless as a wrench.

there's already a Swiss Army Knife that is a "multitool",and there's also the Leatherman tool. :-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

And if that doesn't work they can take him out to the parking lot and beat the "gay" out of him.

Reply to
Master Betty