Harbor Freight Tools

Are Harbour Freight Tools ok to buy or are they JUNK ? I see the Multi Tool That is advertised on tv for around $120.00 at Harbor freight for $39.99

Reply to
desgnr

The one you saw on TV was probably 3 easy payments of $120 each, for a total of $360.

The HF one is not quite as nice, but it does all the same jobs. I'be been abusing mine for quite some time, and it's still working perfectly.

Reply to
salty

Yes, and Yes-- but sometimes junk is good enough.

I finally bit on one of them when I got a coupon for it for $35. My first impression is favorable. It is a cool little tool. I hope the Fein is better balanced and feels nicer in the hand--- but for the amount of time I'll be using this one, no problem.

A couple folks on this group have been using them for a few months. Their success stories encouraged me to try one out.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Yes and no. Some of the stuff they carry is crap, some is cheap but useable for light stuff and some is quite good. From what I've read, the multi tool leans towards the quite good category.

Reply to
Pete C.

If the tool (are you talking about the oscillating multi-tool, BTW?) is going to sit in your toolbox most of its lifetime, you would not know the difference. If you are making your living with the tool (or any other tool for that matter), I would pick something other than HF. But, again, I have a lot of hand, electric as well as pneumatic tools bought in Harbor Freight and they just fine for occasional use. In fact, the low price may give you an advantage of having more specialized tools that are better for the job than what you could have done with more expensive general tools from other (better?) vendors.

------------------------------------- \//.

Reply to
DA

There are a lot of multi tools, what in the hell are you talking about?

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

I'm pre-nominating this for the group's longest running thread.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Most of them are OK for occasional use. Many are junk. I had a crappy bunch of Pittsburgh flare nut wrenches (too large; they just round off the flare nuts). Many of the other tools have worked fine, for me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Does your priest know about this abuse?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"desgnr" wrote in news:hgbgpf$svj$ snipped-for-privacy@adenine.netfront.net:

I got one and can do many things with the wood tooth blade cannot do with my other tools regardless of quality. This is because of the way oscilating tools work regardless of quality of the tool.

If my HF version crapped out I would get another oscillating tool of quality somewhere between HF & Fein.

Reply to
Red Green

The only thing I bought from them wildly over claimed it's usefulness.

It was a "40x" magnifying glass that was no where near that.

I'm sure some of the straight forward tools (wrenches, screw drivers etc.....) are worth about what you pay for them. I'd avoid them for things like electronics or "wonder" tools.

Jim

Reply to
Master Betty

You know, the one with multiple uses.

Reply to
Tony

This one?

Jim

Reply to
Master Betty

Yeah, I picked up a spring loaded punch (coupon discount). When I don't have three hands I can mark where the nail/screw needs to go - all without having three hands.

The only thing that might get weak is the spring itself, but I can replace that.

Reply to
Oren

Priest?

I'm not a young boy in the choir.

Reply to
salty

Face it, you have a REALLY small dick.

Reply to
salty

One track mind eh?

Reply to
Master Betty

I'm not the one with the magnifying glass, Betsy.

Reply to
salty

The Book of Mormon can help you with that.

Learn more about Jesus

Master Betty

salty....he's hitting on you. here's your chance.

Reply to
Master Betty