Harbor Freight Tools

Oh, I've bought a few garden tools at garage/yard/estate sales. But almost always, the tools at these sales spent most of their time outside, and thus the wood handles are all nasty and prone to breakage. My mother and grandmother were real bad that way. After replacing their shovels for the Nth time (since I was always tapped to do the digging each spring). I said the hell with it and sprung for fiberglass handles that would survive being left out in the rain. Working construction as a kid, my father always beat into me that you hose off the shovels and picks and rakes and such at the end of the day, wipe off the wood parts, and put them away someplace out of the rain and sun.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

In all seriousness. Might I buy one of these, and use on my angle grinder?

I'm quite new to the "biscuit joiner" concept.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That could be totally useful for small limbs. I've always used loppers (hand power) or sawzall.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bring your own shovel? Have them use their own shovel. Make a point of how a well stored shovel lasts?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Man...that thing looks dangerous!

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

Moot point at this point- Grandma is long gone, and my Mother is past the gardening stage.

Hey, they fed me, etc. I was well paid for my work and the tools I left there.

I guess that is one of the milestones of realizing your own mortality- when a tool you bought new, wears out.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I certainly wouldn't use a biscuit joiner blade in an angle grinder. Serious kickback comes to mind.

Stick with the blades made for a grinder, like the Lancelot chain blade mentioned earlier or this one:

DerbyDad03

Will this cut tree roots?

Reply to
MiamiCuse

-snip-

It will- but it will also dull quickly when you hit a rock. My go-to tool for tree roots is a special axe that I keep just for tree roots. It's a little heavy for everyday use. I sharpen it on a rough grinder at a steeper than normal angle. Beat the crap out of it and don't shed a tear when a new chip shows up on the blade.

One of those C7-Bad Blades that DerbyDad posted might be a better choice if you really want to use your grinder

it will cut steel and iron, so it might be a little more resistant to dulling than the lancelot blades.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Yeah, but the tool was probably made with union labor.

I'd much rather see a child in Bangladesh take home a living wage of $12 a month than a union auto worker cost the company $73 per hour.

Reply to
HeyBub

When I need a quality tool, I shop for quality tools. When I need a cheap tool for a one or two use project, I head for Harbor Freight. Thus far, I have always been happy with the quality of the tool I obtained from Harbor Freight when considering the price. I only wish I could say the same about many of the so called quality (US Produced) tools.

Reply to
BobR