Harbor Freight Tools

Page 3 of 3

-snip-

Flea markets and estate sales are the best place to get replacement garden tools- unless you can afford LeeValley. http://www.leevalley.com/garden/index.aspx?c=1
I've got a great collection of hoes and shovels that have already survived one gardener and are sure to outlast me. [and haven't paid more than $10 for any of them]
Jim
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Oh, I've bought a few garden tools at garage/yard/estate sales. But almost always, the tools at these sales spent most of their time outside, and thus the wood handles are all nasty and prone to breakage. My mother and grandmother were real bad that way. After replacing their shovels for the Nth time (since I was always tapped to do the digging each spring). I said the hell with it and sprung for fiberglass handles that would survive being left out in the rain. Working construction as a kid, my father always beat into me that you hose off the shovels and picks and rakes and such at the end of the day, wipe off the wood parts, and put them away someplace out of the rain and sun.
-- aem sends...
Bring your own shovel? Have them use their own shovel. Make a point of how a well stored shovel lasts?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Moot point at this point- Grandma is long gone, and my Mother is past the gardening stage.
Hey, they fed me, etc. I was well paid for my work and the tools I left there.
I guess that is one of the milestones of realizing your own mortality- when a tool you bought new, wears out.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

We could, but no (sane) person would buy a blacksmith-produced hoe. In order to produce a domestic hoe that could compete, price-wise, with a Chinese hoe, our industry would have to stamp them out of papier-machie (high-quality ones out of plastic).
It's not sad - it's a cause for celebration! Each country should do what it does best and enter into trade with another country. By doing so, the citizens of both countries benefit. Adam Smith settled this hash in the 18th century with his "Wealth of Nations;" I recommend it to you.
MiamiCuse wrote:

I bought a set of Silver and Deming drill bits 1/2 to 1 inch that are great and tough. I also like my 3/4" drive sockets set that goes from 7/8 to 2". Tough set and was only around 50 bucks.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ?
Tool predators. Hmm. Is that a genetic mutation, perhaps?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Nov 15, 7:50am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Hey, it's Christmas time and funds are tighter this year, but we still want our toys.
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Yeah, but the tool was probably made with union labor.
I'd much rather see a child in Bangladesh take home a living wage of $12 a month than a union auto worker cost the company $73 per hour.
On Nov 16, 11:16am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

When I need a quality tool, I shop for quality tools. When I need a cheap tool for a one or two use project, I head for Harbor Freight. Thus far, I have always been happy with the quality of the tool I obtained from Harbor Freight when considering the price. I only wish I could say the same about many of the so called quality (US Produced) tools.