Harbor Freight sells GARBAGE

Page 1 of 3
Harbor Freight sells GARBAGE tools. Unless you enjoy tossing money in the garbage, DO NOT buy from them.

You have to be selective. Much of what they sell is garbage, but their nitrile glove are okay, as are many other items.
Or are you just trying to start a flame war between HF lovers and haters? Put me down as neutral.

Ditto. You have to use your head. Some items, you learn by experience one way or the other.
Toller wrote:

Exactly!
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

I have been buying from Harbor Freight for over 25 years. Most of their stuff is good,some is not. I bought regular and heavy duty wrenches from them and 1/4-1/2-3/4-1" sockets and never had a problem. I bought power tools of every kind and was always satisfied. You have to look at what your buying of course. Thier tools are all lifetime warenteed and you don't even have to send them back, just call them.. I buy from the store and also out of cataloge. Some people bitch if they are fed with a golden spoon.. I have large semi trucks I work on with the tools. I also use thier impact wrenches 1/4-1/2-3/4-1'' all are still working great.
Yeah, what the other two said. You have to have a brain. Even Walmart has some junk in their store.
steve

*Even* Walmart?
FWIW if you cruise through Harbor Freight but look for "real" brand names, you generally will be OK.
nate

snipped-for-privacy@ooooooooo.com wrote in news:6ivva3hk8mq53vj81og56rkjdos7m4qnbi@ 4ax.com:

Yes, they do.
And from what I've read in this NG some people get things that last for years. Consider the too good to be true prices, keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

Did you expect Snap-On quality?
Going to try Wal-Mart now?

You are right there... It all depends on what you buy from them. I would never buy a Chicago Brand table saw from them but I regularly buy tool bits and drill bits from them, tie-downs, air hoses, flash lights, sanding & grinding disks, certain hand tools...... stuff like that and have never been disappointed plus saved a bunch.
Regards,

Ditto that. I have been stung once but it was only a few dollars. Have bought other things no problem. Latest is a 'stretchy' towing strap for $6.99 that I have been using for two years snaking logs out of the bush with my F150. It has brought the PU to a full stop several times. I figure it will break one of these times but the current listing doesn't have it anymore.
Harry K
Latest is a 'stretchy' towing

be careful when it does,
you can get very hurt
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@ooooooooo.com wrote:

That very much depends on what you buy. I've been satisfied with their bar clamps, air fittings, electrical tape, and things of that nature. I wouldn't spend any money on anything expensive there.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
On Jul 31, 8:31 pm, snipped-for-privacy@ooooooooo.com wrote:

As others have said, you need to be selective. I just bought a tile saw on clearance for $15.00 because it was cheaper then renting and there was no way I was going to pay $150.00 and up for the small job I needed it for. I have also bought pneumatic tools, drill bits, tie- downs, nail guns, etc because the jobs and the frequency I use them for do not warrant the expense of contractor grade tools. Would I buy a cordless drill, a table saw, a compound miter saw from them? No. I use them too frequently and/or I need quality results. Would they be OK for people that need them for a small job and/or won't use them frequently? Sure.
I've got a couple of their 12 volt Drill master cordless drills. Fairly slow, 500 RPM max. But they have served me well for a few years. I use them for remove and replace screws. Not fast enough to start sheet metal screws for HVAC, but plenty good for installing locks.
They also drill, but slowly.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

So, tell me. Is it tough being a genius?
Craftsman sells garbage, too.
Snap On sells garbage, too.
Every tool manufacturer has items that are garbage.
The secret every smart man knows is how to tell the difference between the good tools and the garbage.
But you, being the genius you are, knew that.
Right?
Steve

Geniuses come in many flavors ya know:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zong2g
:-)

If the business thrives and even expands it must be doing a lot of things right, like selling stuff people will pay good money for.