Harbor freight makes excellent tools.

Also left-handed drill bits, set of 4. Much cheaper than the other brand and good enough to drill out specialty screws. Using left-hand means the screw is likely to unscrew before you drill all the way through, so you get the shaft and not just the head.

Reply to
Micky

The dollar store led lights are definitely not as good as the 9-light Harbor Freight. NOt all the HF work but more than half.

Reply to
Micky

One friend of mine likes the free LED lights. Says he used one for about six hours yesterday. Doing repairs at work. Ran the batteries down, put alkalines in. Said it was noticably brighter on alkalines.

Sorry you've had bad experience. I've got a lot of HF tools. Most of them do OK, for around the house use.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you can't tell a filed bright shiny tooth from a dull, oiled, tarnished tooth.....

you're not making any difference at all.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Some of it is crap, some is OK, some surprisingly good.

I recently bought a Harbor Freight Pittsurgh Pro 10" locking plier. It was on sale for something like $7.50 and then 20% off that with a coupon. It's pretty close overall to new Chinese-made Vise-Grips. (Not quite so close to the good old American made item.) Pittsburgh Pro seems to be Harbor Freight's higher-end line for hand tools.

Reply to
Roger Blake

no I dont........

although I did work for them when setting up the mc knight road store. nice customers, nice management, I enjoyed it.

sadly my bad knee got so bad i couldnt walk and had to quit:(

the flashlight that survivedd both the washer and dryer was absolutely true, i was amazed

Reply to
bob haller

I'd have to agree wrt the staff. I am amazed at how much crap they put up with from nickel-and-diming customers... the folks who would try to go through the line with *two* freebie coupons; or, go through with *one*, then head back around for a second trip for the *second*, etc.

A friend worked at one and had talked w/mgmt to allow us to redeem multiple coupons for free screwdriver sets; we were hosting developmentally disabled folks and the "free" tools made it less painful for us when they'd walk off with them (accidentally). I'm sure HF could afford the few pennies!

Reply to
Don Y

Oren posted for all of us...

Ezpecillie wen itz common corpse.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Don't they even sell knives new that are already that shape, that comes from sharpening? As if having a knife that was sharpened for hours already will make one a better cook.

Reply to
Micky