Harbor freight makes excellent tools.

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:12:48 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

I bought a whole trailer from them. 4x8 bed. Had it shipped to my brother in Texas. Box all broken up but everything was there.
Drove it back to Maryland. Then gave it to a friend who put sides on it, with the brackets it came with, and used it take remodeling trash from his remodel to his office, where he has dumpster service. Been used for about 7 years now.
On 12/8/2015 4:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

One friend of mine likes the free LED lights. Says he used one for about six hours yesterday. Doing repairs at work. Ran the batteries down, put alkalines in. Said it was noticably brighter on alkalines.
Sorry you've had bad experience. I've got a lot of HF tools. Most of them do OK, for around the house use.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Some of it is crap, some is OK, some surprisingly good.
I recently bought a Harbor Freight Pittsurgh Pro 10" locking plier. It was on sale for something like $7.50 and then 20% off that with a coupon. It's pretty close overall to new Chinese-made Vise-Grips. (Not quite so close to the good old American made item.) Pittsburgh Pro seems to be Harbor Freight's higher-end line for hand tools.

I bet you work for HF !!!
On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 4:16:39 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

no I dont........
although I did work for them when setting up the mc knight road store. nice customers, nice management, I enjoyed it.
sadly my bad knee got so bad i couldnt walk and had to quit:(
the flashlight that survivedd both the washer and dryer was absolutely true, i was amazed
On 12/10/2015 9:54 AM, bob haller wrote:

I'd have to agree wrt the staff. I am amazed at how much crap they put up with from nickel-and-diming customers... the folks who would try to go through the line with *two* freebie coupons; or, go through with *one*, then head back around for a second trip for the *second*, etc.
A friend worked at one and had talked w/mgmt to allow us to redeem multiple coupons for free screwdriver sets; we were hosting developmentally disabled folks and the "free" tools made it less painful for us when they'd walk off with them (accidentally). I'm sure HF could afford the few pennies!

bob haller wrote:

that in a dryer doing laundry. in about two hours result will come out. It costs a buck at $ store.
Tony Hwang wrote:

I took the load out of the dryer. Flash kight still works. No damage. Think tumbling cloth protected it from dinged around. That is it.

The dollar store led lights are definitely not as good as the 9-light Harbor Freight. NOt all the HF work but more than half.