Harbor Freight going out of Business

Page 1 of 3
Harbor Freight going out of Business. http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t &037
Not that it's any real loss, since their tools were mostly all junk anyhow!

"Family disagreements are never pleasant, but this lawsuit is incredibly sad. The assertions in the complaint are completely unfounded and they will be addressed in due course. None of this will affect the business or continued success of Harbor Freight Tools."
Where did it say they were closing their doors? Sounds like unhappy customers trying to start business-damaging rumors in retaliation.
-- Bobby G.
On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 05:41:43 -0500, "Robert Green"

Or an unhappy competitor
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 03:42:46 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Aside from the fact that they are still in business, that is nearly two years old news.

And the suit was settled out of court last April. http://calabasas365.com/company-lawsuit-settled
Jim

Ok, I guess that answers that.... Not that the article really says much of anything regarding the outcome, but it looks like they will stay in business...
Thanks

Not that I give a flying flop, but doesn't this subject come up for a thorough flogging, again and again?
nb
--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

I remind you that this is a Usenet News Group and not a list.
I remind you the comical article was forwarded from a list.

I remind you that this is a Usenet News Group and not a list.

Yes, and the lawsuit was settled in April of 2011. http://calabasas365.com/company-lawsuit-settled
On 02/09/2012 04:52 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

last ten years has been going out of business with signs posted everywhere and every spring starts sending out vagrants with signs advertising one last big sale before doors are closed for good.
On 2/9/2012 4:47 PM, Mysterious Traveler wrote:

I remember something about a city requiring any business advertizing a going out of business sale must buy a special license and declare a specific date that the store was closing and ending all business. There were hefty fines involved if it was false advertizing.
TDD

I thought I heard that 2 years ago, well, 19 months.
This webpage is one of the few that is dated. We're lucky. Most arent'.
snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

All I read was that their fine, robust, and workmanlike tools would probably get cheaper inasmuch as "looting" of the company was halted.
As a small example, a 1/8" hex wrench (nee Allen wrench), bought from Lowe's, SNAPPED in my hand. That's right, it BROKE in two. I have used hex wrenches for many decades and never had one break. Bend? Sure, Twist? It's happened. But never just disintegrate!
I retrieved my Harbor Freight set of hex wrenches from the car's tool kit and finished my job. Outstanding!
Oh, by the way, the screw at issue was a WOOD SCREW. It wasn't like it was rusted or corroded in place and no "cheater" was necessary.
Bottom line: The house-brand toole (Taskforce) sold by Lowe's was junk but the economy set ($4.95) from Harbor Freight met the challenge.
Thanks for the field report. Bet that torques you off?
All I read was that their fine, robust, and workmanlike tools would probably get cheaper inasmuch as "looting" of the company was halted.
As a small example, a 1/8" hex wrench (nee Allen wrench), bought from Lowe's, SNAPPED in my hand. That's right, it BROKE in two. I have used hex wrenches for many decades and never had one break. Bend? Sure, Twist? It's happened. But never just disintegrate!
I retrieved my Harbor Freight set of hex wrenches from the car's tool kit and finished my job. Outstanding!
Oh, by the way, the screw at issue was a WOOD SCREW. It wasn't like it was rusted or corroded in place and no "cheater" was necessary.
Bottom line: The house-brand toole (Taskforce) sold by Lowe's was junk but the economy set ($4.95) from Harbor Freight met the challenge.

I thought Lowes house brand was Kobalt?
It's all about QC, you need the correct heat treatment on the steel or it will either be too soft or too hard. Maybe your tool missed the tempering step and ended up extra hard and brittle.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy

It is.
"Taskforce" is Lowe's low-end tool line.

The women love it when my tool gets extra hard!!!!
Bob F wrote:

Yes. "Alsus in uno, falsus in omnibus," or false in one, false in all."
Local HF stock level looks low. I asked a manager about ordering something in big volume.
he said he has no ability to order anything..how wierd