Harbor Freight Floor Nailer?

Hi!
I'm going to be installing a 3/4" hickory solid hardwood floor over the next couple of days. The room isn't huge; probably about 10x11.
My question, should I attempt to rent the stapler from Home Depot, buy the one from HD for ~500 bucks, or get a cheap one from Harbor Freight for 99 bucks. The one from HF can be found here...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber640
It's model number 99640-9VGA. I couldn't really find anything about it on the web, and I'm a little leery about the quality of it, like everything else from HF.
The other question, about how much is it to rent a floor stapler from HD?
Thanks in advanced!

I can't speak for their floor stapler but I have two or three brad nailers and staplers from Harbor Freight and I think they are every bit as good as the Bostitch nailers that I have. I can get a new brad nailer from HF for about the same price as a new seal to fix a Bostitch. Bostitch can't even identify my 25-year-old guns which makes getting parts rather difficult. They lost my business.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Have you thought of calling them and asking?
BTW, I'd use cleats, not staples.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Why not rent a first-class stapler at your local rent-all?

I second the motion. You can buy the crappy one for about the same price as renting a good one, but unless you intend to lay a lot of floors, owning the device makes no sense.
Check the installation instructions for your flooring. They may not cover the warranty if you use staples. I can assure you that staples will loosen up faster than nails.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I would go to the local contractor rental place and rent a good tool probably for what you will pay for the unknown quality version.

Thank you all for the advice. I still have a few days before I get started, but I am going to take your advice and just rent one for a day. I called HD, and they rent the MIIIFS for 30 bucks a day. Now, all I have to find is the nailer version. :)
BTW, can anybody recommend a good place to rent these on the southwest side of Chicago?
Thanks!
Mike W. wrote:

Have you tried the yellow pages? "rental" or "tool rental" perhaps.
Think about buying a used one on an auction site and sell it when you are done. It's nice to have the tool for a while so you don't need to rush things.
I bought one from amazon and I'll list it when my brother gives it back to me (someday).. :)
On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 05:05:41 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"