Harbor Freight difficult choice

Page 1 of 2
I can get another battery for my impact driver for $14.99 http://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt-nicd-replacement-battery-68860.html
Or, I can get a cordless drill with a charger and battery for 16.99
http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?week14&campaign=b&page=coupon4.html&cust`147336781&keycode31&single=true&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign14b&utm_source31
So, dear Miss Manners, which is the better deal?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/23/2014 03:15 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Since I needed tools for industrial use I got one of these
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2410-20
or something like it.
The small battery pack fooled me. It really holds up longer and charges fast.
Of course it was not cheap.
On 1/23/2014 5:25 PM, philo wrote:

Lot to be said for quality "a poor man cannot afford a cheap shirt". But, for the moment I don't have any spending money.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:21:42 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Seriously, I'd save my money.
Example: Friend of mine bought a Harbor Freight tire inflator. He laughed at me for paying $60 for a Longacre inflator when his HF one cost under $1 0 and to be fair, the gauge on it checked within the limits of my eyes as a ccurate WRT the Longacre.
Fast forward a couple months. Suddenly the gauge on the HF inflator is rea ding high. I figured that I'd just slap a better gauge on it and give it b ack to him. Well it takes a 1/8" NPT gauge and all I can find that seem de cent are 1/4". Then I thought I'd tell him to just buy another $10 inflato r and I'll salvage what I can for my tool kit. Well the tire chuck on it i s kind of annoying, the gauge is busted, and the inflator itself sticks som etimes. What's left... the hose?
I really like my Longacre inflator. Interco makes a nice one, too.
nate
On 1/23/2014 6:29 PM, N8N wrote:

Power cord, for your next car device?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:30:44 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

ghed at me for paying $60 for a Longacre inflator when his HF one cost unde r $10 and to be fair, the gauge on it checked within the limits of my eyes as accurate WRT the Longacre.

reading high. I figured that I'd just slap a better gauge on it and give it back to him. Well it takes a 1/8" NPT gauge and all I can find that see m decent are 1/4". Then I thought I'd tell him to just buy another $10 inf lator and I'll salvage what I can for my tool kit. Well the tire chuck on it is kind of annoying, the gauge is busted, and the inflator itself sticks sometimes. What's left... the hose?

No cord, hooks to shop air.
On 1/24/2014 10:41 AM, N8N wrote:

I call that an expansion tank, or burp tank. Not an inflator. An inflator (to me) is a compressor. Or a tire pump.
In the case of that tank, you can put it in the system with your home compressor, so it runs longer between cycles. More oompah in the first couple seconds, for air tools.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/23/2014 05:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

So you are not going to be a good American and go into debt?
Me neither.
On 1/23/2014 6:29 PM, philo wrote:

In my case, I'm an excellent American. But, there is a limit to how much I can run up, and then I've got to slow down a bit. As you can tell, I'm not in Congress.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/23/2014 05:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have /one/ credit card and have a rule:
If I can't afford it, I don't buy it.
It's for convenience only and I have not paid one cent interest.
When the stock became public I bought all I could afford and now the money I'm making from it is about equal to my monthly bills.

Are you making any money off the credit card ? One of mine pays a small percentage back. Also have a couple of store credit cards that if you charge them you get a deal sometimes. Like Lowes gives you 5 % off if I remember the correct card. Charged something to Belks with their card and got a deal, but need to make sure it is payed off. Think it is like about 24%.
Just make sure you can pay off what you charge at the end of the month. Also use a pay by computer (whatever you call it) to send money from my checking account to the various places.
On 01/23/2014 06:19 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Yes, I get 1% back. Like I said...I have never paid a cent of interest ...full amount is paid each month.
I suppose I could setup a bank transfer as pretty much everything I have is auto-deposit or auto-withdrawal..
On 1/23/14 6:19 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Paypal?

I use Paypal, but that is not what I was trying to think of.
I have several bills each month such as the power and cable bills. At my credit union (use it instead of a bank) there is a place you can set up for the bills. YOu can add them any time you get a differant place.
When I get a bill, I go to the credit union page on the web, sign in and there is a list of places I have set up. I then enter the ammount I want to pay and when I want them to send it. I think I can use the telephone to do it if I want to try and work my way around it. The credit union then handles it however they do it. Probably an electronic transfer. All that is a free service. Saves me from mailing the bill back or going to the store to pay them. If I want to I can just take the bill to the store or send them a check. If I go to another place that sends out bills, I can add it without any trouble.
As my pension and social security goes there, it is convienient for me. I can check on what I have at any time and if the checking account runs low and I have the money , I can transfer some from the money market account that is now paying a whopping .15% Was gettin a lot more before the big meltdown of the economy. Just about the same as a 1 year CD. Think that is what small CDs for one year are getting there now.
On 01/23/2014 06:57 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I was going to make a joke and say that I'm so poor, I only get $2 a year interest at my bank...
but then realized only a millionaire would be able to get that much return considering the interest rate is something like 0.0002 %
philo wrote:

Yeah, I get about the same interest rate on savings. I guess it balances out because I have totally free checking.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 01/23/2014 11:18 PM, willshak wrote:

Yep, I just keep enough money in my account to qualify for free checking. I guess they'd charge $6 a month otherwise.
On 1/23/2014 6:57 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Are you worth more dead than alive? ^_^
TDD

Not any more. I quit buying life insurance on me or my wife over 15 years ago.
Once the childern were grown and everything was paid for there was no need for life insurance.
On 1/23/2014 6:19 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I pay everything online even my vehicle tag because I'm unable to stand in any queue even if I take my walker. ^_^
TDD