Harbor Freight coupons conditions stricter

Free flashlight with coupon "with other purchase" Free gloves with coupon and $19.99 other purchase.
Hope y'all stocked up?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Nope. I received exactly one of the free flashlights, as per the conditions listed on the coupon, which state "Limit one per customer."
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:12:05 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

I didn't (get one). Brought the coupon in twice. Was told "sorry, out of stock" both times.
"They Ain't Fo' Real!".
✖
Jon Danniken wrote:

so, should I send the other 13 back?
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 8, 4:04 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Doesn't bother me since I don't think I've ever used a free item coupon without buying something anyway. Flashlights, gloves, multi- meter, etc. I've never made a special trip just for a free item.
I do make sure I have the 20% off coupon with me though.
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/8/2010 6:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Same here- I don't wanna be a prick about getting 'gimme' items without playing the game. HF is only a block off my regular Saturday errand route, so it is no special effort to stop by once a week for some pissant item on my list, versus going once a month and buying it all at once. Between Sunday paper inserts and the flyers and the magazine pages, I collect coupons faster than I can use them up.
I'm caching those itty-bitty jeweler screwdriver sets and disposable multi-meters at all my relative's houses, so when my glasses fall apart or something needs diagnosing, I can just go to the hiding place and retrieve them. They can never seem to find 'their' tools. I've pondered bolting a lockbox to their respective basement walls, and leaving a set of HF tools locked inside them.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖

re: The free multi-meters
I was over a friend's house a few month's ago and needed a meter for a project we were working on. He pulled out this old analog meter with a red needle that flopped all over the place and numbers so tiny I needed 3 hands: one for the positive lead, one for the negative lead and one for the magnifying glass. I gave him a lot of crap about moving in the 21st century, etc.
This friend lives 90 miles from me and makes a huge batch of smoked sausage at Christmas time.
Last week I picked up a free multi-meter, boxed it up with a Christmas card and sent it to him ("Compliments of Harbor Freight") with a reminder not to forget me come sausage time.
He said he got a big laugh out of it. That's what friends are for, right?
Add pictures here
✖
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Digital meters are nice, but I grew up using analog meters. Once you know how to read the needle properly to account for paralax, they are just as good as the digital ones.
Nice thing about the newer digital ones is that they are cheap, and come with a lot of neat functions (temp, hFe, capacitance, etc.)
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 10, 4:01 pm, "Jon Danniken"

re: "I grew up using analog meters..."
As did I. How did it make you feel when you hooked the leads up backwards and watched the needle slam against the post at 200 mph? :-)
Add pictures here
✖
DerbyDad03 wrote:

lol, like an idiot! Then I got a cold chill thinking it was broken, but it never was; they must design the movement to tolerate a lot of abuse.
I'm a lot less careful now with the auto-polarity on the digitals, that is for sure.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 8, 3:04 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Northern Tools has a better deal.
$5 off anything $5 or more and two coupons too.
Andy
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've got some of the original really free coupons that are still good - but conveniently my local HF is "ALL OUT OF FLASHLIGHTS".
Bet they miraculously get stocked up after the "free" coupons expire.
Add pictures here
✖
Bob(but not THAT Bob) wrote:

One clerk told me they get their quota of flashlights on Mondays. By the week-end, they're all gone.
I guess you best find out when your local store's delivery day is and plan your shopping trip for the day after.
Add pictures here
✖