Harbor Freight Coupons

I may make my first trip to Harbor Freight's local store today. There are lots of discussions here about coupons. Are there any that I should be aware of before I head that way?
mcp6453 wrote:

Do a google search on this group for harbor freight coupon. There will be links people post to web sites to print them off. You can only get to some of them from the main web site- there are hidden sub-pages linked to ads that were run in various publications. If you get the weekly ad throwaway for your area, sometimes there are HF coupons buried in there. There has been a 20% coupon (and the free flashlight coupon) running for the last couple of months. I just bought a cheap compressor for 40 bucks with a coupon- exact same compressor Sears wanted 80 bucks for (although the Sears one did come with a junk air hose and toy nailgun.)
Heres a link to one with a week left: http://www.harborfreight.com/hftusa/magpromos/popsci.pdf
I had another one that ran till 14 Feb, but I must have deleted it accidentally.
-- aem sends...
On 1/24/2010 9:19 AM, aemeijers wrote:

Great. Thanks!
mcp6453 wrote:

On this set of coupons, you can't go wrong with: a) The multifunction tool b) The $19.95 drill (pick up an extra battery*) c) And, of course, the flashlight.
If you're taking a companion, make sure she gets a flashlight too.
--
* On the batteries, make sure the spare you get if for the drill in
question. There are a couple of batteries that look alike but are not.

Popular Mechanics and Popular Science seem to have a HF ad with 20% off each month. I've gotten on their mailing list and occasionally get an ad with the 20% off.
Something I thought was interesting with the web coupons, though. All the 20% ones I've seen say "coupon cannot be duplicated in any manor, including photocopies and computer printouts.." Right under that "warning", it says "click here to print coupon".. I get Popular Mechanics, so I haven't tried a web printed coupon yet.
Mike O.

They may have some that say that, but they put them on their server and in their weekly "specials" emails (which you can subscribe to on their website) specifically so that you do print them out: See the following thread and click on some of the Harbor Freight links: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t 76399

Also let me add that their magazine ad pages will include coupons, but also direct you to their website such as:
www.harborfreightusa.com/Popmechanic or www.harborfreightusa.com/1stfreedom
and it will re-direct to a Harbor Freight web page with more coupons including the 20% off one item coupon.
I got that compressor at 50 (sounding like a stock broker). Only used it a couple times. Oilless. Noisy. Works reasonably well. I did some air wrench work with it, when it was a bit warmer, out. Also used it to blow out some AC drain lines. I'm pleased with it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

We talking about the same compressor? 3 gallon pancake, 100 psi, no CFM numbers visible? I got it mainly for inflating tires and such, since the buzz-box compressors at the stations around here charge 75 cents, and have trouble making 30 pounds. I may get a finish nailer for it, if I ever get around to those interior fixup projects, but I don't think it would handle a framing nailer or an air wrench. I went with HF versus Sears, because the hose and toy nail gun on the Sears one looked like junk, and I had the coupon. HF had a good price on real Goodyear air hoses, plus I used a 20% coupon on that. Total cost was between $55 and $60. So even if I have to upgrade the compressor to a larger one, I already have a decent air hose, and I can put the junk kit from the new one with this one, and sell it on CraigsList.
The one I got is same as the Sears 'evolv' or some silly name like that. The HF one is done up in Sears Craftsman colors, black and red, while the current Sears one is NOT labeled Craftsman, and has different colors. I suspect HF got a deal, because the factory in China had a butt-load of assembled Sears-red ones, just without the stickers on them.
-- aem sends...
We talking about the same compressor? 3 gallon pancake, 100 psi, no CFM numbers visible?
CY: I'm th inking mine was 1.6 scfm?
I got it mainly for inflating tires and such, since the buzz-box compressors at the stations around here charge 75 cents, and have trouble making 30 pounds.
CY: Pay for itself in a hurry, at 75 cents an inflate.
I may get a finish nailer for it, if I ever get around to those interior fixup projects, but I don't think it would handle a framing nailer or an air wrench.
CY: I've got a 5 gal expansion tank, and plans to plumb that in. It's still 1.6 scfm, but at least I'll have four seconds of impact gun instead of two seconds. Before the compressor comes back on.
I went with HF versus Sears, because the hose and toy nail gun on the Sears one looked like junk, and I had the coupon. HF had a good price on real Goodyear air hoses, plus I used a 20% coupon on that. Total cost was between $55 and $60. So even if I have to upgrade the compressor to a larger one, I already have a decent air hose, and I can put the junk kit from the new one with this one, and sell it on CraigsList.
CY: Good plan for the future.
The one I got is same as the Sears 'evolv' or some silly name like that. The HF one is done up in Sears Craftsman colors, black and red, while the current Sears one is NOT labeled Craftsman, and has different colors. I suspect HF got a deal, because the factory in China had a butt-load of assembled Sears-red ones, just without the stickers on them.
CY: I sense that some mega state run factory in China is supplying all the various stores in the US.
-- aem sends... CY replies.....

This coupon is worth 20% off. Not frequently available to us general chickens. Thanks to Salty for the original reference. Grab the free flashlight coupon as well.
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayPage.do?pageFile=boatus.html
mcp6453 wrote:

I found an ad in the Sunday paper last week. Had a free flashlight coupon. Great little toy.

There are almost always coupons for Harbor Freight. Check the website before you go. They also often have a supply of the weekly flyer with specials and coupons in the entry to the store. It's wise to grab one of those and go back to your car and read it before proceeding. Once you buy something and get on the mailing list, you will get these flyers weekly in the mail.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

That is what they claim, but so far I haven't seen any. I have stuffed a card in the box 2-3 times already, several months ago.
-- aem sends...
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayPage.do?pageFile=boatus.html
Coupons not usually seen else where.
Including 20% off any item, and one for a free flash light.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus