Harbor Freight 10" SCMS?

American Woodworker said that their 12" was a remarkable value at $200; might not be as solid as a $600 saw, but fine for casual use.
Their 10" is now $90. I don't expect to use it much as I use a RAS for all my 90 degree stuff, but the RAS is a pain to set up for off angles. I rarely do any, but it would be nice to have a $90 SCMS for them. But, if it is worthless then it is just burning $90.
Anyone actually used it?
Iknow I'm going to kick myself when I get the answer, but what is an "SCMS"?
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
sliding-compound-miter-saw
Duuuuh.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
On Wed, 24 May 2006 20:38:43 -0700, "Jim McLaughlin" <jim.mclaughlin> wrote:

Sliding Compound Miter Saw
Duuuuh.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
says...

used it a fair bit (carpentry season doesn't start until Saturday here ;). It's certainly not a Hitachi but well worth the money. Note that I may have gotten a good one and there may be variation. Two cow-orkers bought them, one likes his and the other complains that the slider bearings are too tight or binding. Mine is quite smooth though.
For $90 it's a steal (I paid $99.95 ;).
--
Keith