Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Died

Harbor Breeze (Lowes ceiling Fan) lost fan function & then few weeks later lost light function. I had to go to Home Depot and buy a wireless hand held remote & receiver for a Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Home Depot's brand; approximately $29 for both in one package). I put in the new receiver, programmed dip switches for hand held remote, and away it went. Adjustable fan speeds, on off light with dimmer, wired to wall switch, all working fine. Better than buying a new fan every 3yrs
------------------------------------- Jaybird
On May 16, 11:44am, tthomp92_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (jaybird) wrote:

Does the remote & receiver allow for all of those functions to work even with the fan wired to a SPST wall switch?
My fan is wired with a single wall switch which simply supplies power to the entire unit. It then has a pull chain for the fan (3 speeds and off) and another chain for the lights (Off, 2 on, the other 2 on, all four on)
Would the remote & receiver allow me to uses all of the fan and light settings without ever touching the switch or chains again?
(jaybird) wrote:

Does the remote & receiver allow for all of those functions to work even with the fan wired to a SPST wall switch?
My fan is wired with a single wall switch which simply supplies power to the entire unit. It then has a pull chain for the fan (3 speeds and off) and another chain for the lights (Off, 2 on, the other 2 on, all four on)
Would the remote & receiver allow me to uses all of the fan and light settings without ever touching the switch or chains again?
**NO,it will allow you to use all of the fan and light settings it provides. These are universal controls, as long as the receiver will fit in the canopy of the fan, it has power in and power out to fan and light wires. You just leave the pull chain on high speed and the remote controls speeds and dims.

1) your Lowes fan died 2) you went to HD to buy a handheld control for a HD fan 3) you installed the control and it works
What works, the HD fan or the Lowes fan? If you're saying that you bought a HD handheld control, installed it in a Lowes fan, and now the Lowes fan works, there was never anything wrong with the Lowes fan, just it's control. Maybe you'll just need to buy another universal remote every 3 years
On May 16, 11:44am, tthomp92_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (jaybird) wrote:

If you want a fan that will last for a lifetime. Take a look at the Hunter Classic Original model #23855. It's has an oil reservoir which keep the bearings constantly lubricated. According to the manufacturer this model runs like new for 50 years and keeps running. They are pricey when compared to the Harbor Breeze or the Hampton Bay but you get what you pay for. There is no free lunch. Joe G