Happy Father's Day - My Daughter's Perspective

It appears that my (adult) daughter has inherited my twisted sense of logic.

According to her, she and her siblings are the reason that we are celebrating Father's Day. Therefore, I should be giving them gifts, not the other way around. After all, if it wasn't for her and her siblings, this would just be another Sunday for me and I would be depressed that I couldn't celebrate this special day.

Gotta love 'em!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hmm, My daughter and SIL are taking us out for nice dinner tonight. Weather could be better, drizzle all day, mosquitoes out in force.

4 yo grand son in Victoria phoned in the morning, just gran dada, gran dada, huff, huff trying to say some thing. Busy watching FIFA games. Now hockey season is over. To football games....
Reply to
Tony Hwang

Maybe she should read this:

Joy Pullman, a farmer's daughter, writing in The Federalist.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Sounds a bit like my 2 - - - - Wouldn't trade them for anything (31 and 32 now)

Reply to
clare

She doesn't have to read it because she could have written it. I'm not bragging, but when she's not making jokes about Father's Day, she's often referring to me as "The Best Dad Ever!"

The one who took her daily 6 AM phone calls from overseas when she was struggling with loneliness while studying abroad. The one she calls when she's sees something she likes on the interweb, sends me a picture and says "You could make this, right?" Here's one simple example, which is hanging on her office wall at the college she attends and works at while pursuing a dual-masters degree:

She could have easily spent the $30 they wanted for it at the Etsy website, but she wanted one made by Dad.

The one who sat her (ex)boyfriend down and informed him that if he thought the two of them going to separate colleges was "putting too much stress on their relationship", just wait until one of your babies starts having seizures and turns blue, wait until your 4 year old hits a tree while sledding and snaps his femur in two, wait until you and your wife agree that she should continue her education even if it means raising 4 kids on one salary while paying tuition. The one who told him that if he can't handle "the stress" of being separated from his girlfriend for a few months at a time, perhaps he should move on and find someone who will sit quietly at home for him, because my daughter is not going to do that and he had better not even try to pressure her into it.

You see, I love it when my daughter makes jokes about Father's Day, because I know it comes from love and respect.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hey. Our daughter is leaving for Tanzania shortly for month's volunteer work taking some med. students as a mentor. She used to do those things roaming the world every summer when she was in school. When earth quake hit in Haiti she spent 6 weeks out there on her own expense, delivered humpteen babies. One girl she delivered was given her name in appreciation by the babie's parents. Being multi lingual she seldom has any problem wherever she goes. After work she will climb Kilimanjaro with her hubby and come home. They are avid climbers. She'd born in the year of monkey, that's why, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang