Happy Armed Forces Day to all who Honorably Serve

Page 1 of 4
http://i.imgur.com/F4D9hXF.png
burfordTjustice wrote :

Thanks burford, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.
On 5/21/2016 11:54 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

/0 /---- ( ) | ( )| ( ) n n
Rot Han Saloot! (from a lardass civilian)
Stormin Mormon brought next idea :

My mistake, I'm not *currently* serving.
On 5/21/2016 3:38 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Thanks for your service. Past, present, future.
I've never been in the military.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote on 5/21/2016 :

You're welcome.

Many people haven't.
"For nearly two generations, no American has been obligated to join up, and few do. Less than 0.5 percent of the population serves in the armed forces, compared with more than 12 percent during World War II."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/opinion/americans-and-their-military-drifting-apart.html?_r=0
The sad thing is that so many people sit on their asses and complain about the way the world is going to hell in a handbasket and yet do nothing about it. I have the feeling that the draft will need to be put back in effect in order to get our brave military volunteers some needed backup.
On 22/05/2016 01:42, FromTheRafters wrote: [....]

I totally agree.

On 5/22/2016 2:52 AM, David B. wrote:

Ah, to protect freedom, we need more government mandates? What a maroon.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

More? It has always been that way in this country, and most of the rest of the world.
http://chartsbin.com/view/1887
On 5/22/2016 1:52 AM, David B. wrote:

What would you know about it? You spend your days insulting and stalking people you don't even know.
On 22-May-16 2:16 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

I read a lot and am aware that your (USA) armed services have been decimated during Obama's presidency.
My grandfather served (Killed in WW1), my father served, *I* served and my son served.
--
David B.

On 5/22/2016 2:52 AM, David B. wrote:

The draft was the best thing that happened to many young men. They went in the Army as juvenile ssholes and came out as mature gentlemen. If not needed for military, put them into the same training for discipline then Peace Corps or similar. They got to see there is more to the world than their street corner.
It happens that % formulated :

Did anybody else hear that squeaking sound?
On 5/22/2016 5:51 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Crickets.wav, you mean?
"Unless we obey every order unquestioningly, there is no way we can be free." - Maj. Frank Burns, MASH 4077th.
On 5/21/2016 8:42 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Military recruitment is based on supply and demand, like any occupation. A liberal says "well, we need to pass some laws and have government compel the people to do what we want, a draft would be a good way to exercise government force over the people." A conservative such as my self would look at the reasons for declining enlistment, and try to do some thing about it. Perhaps the pay scale is too low. Perhaps there is no pride in the corps. And perhaps our over regulated troops can't do what they are paid to do (kill the bastards before they kill you). Lighten up on the rules of engagement, let the troops do what they are trained to do.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

My mistake again. Here I was thinking that conservatives wanted to keep the Constitution as it is and not undermine its tenets. What, exactly, are they 'conserving' if not the Constitution?
On 05/22/2016 07:56 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
[snip]

Their own privileges, including the unfair ones?
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message [snip]

A conservative such as yourself, is actually saying , let others serve. (you would look at the reasons for declining enlistment, and try to do some thing about it. Perhaps the pay scale is too low. Perhaps there is no pride in the corps). Easy to suggest actions when it isn't you on the front line of the battlefield. Let others do your dirty work. Conservatives seem to always have excuses and rarely take responsibility for their actions when their actions, or inactions,do not turn out well.
--
Buffalo

On Mon, 23 May 2016 14:15:00 -0600

Just like you hiding and name calling.
On 5/23/2016 4:15 PM, Buffalo wrote:

Ah, you are so right. Like well known conservative who said once "What differnce does it make, it was, after all, a long time ago!" after four men and Ambassador Stevens died in the Benghazi raid. (Conservative Hillary! Clinton.)
So many other conservatives. How about "I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky." (Conservative Bill Clinton.)
Our present Conservative in Chief "I learned about it in the news papers just like you" (Conservative Barack Hussein Obama.)
I hope you can see by my dripping sarcasm that I don't much agree with your accusation.
--
.
Christopher A. Young