Hanging LCD TV

I want to hang an LCD TV on the interior wall & want to know if i can run the power cord through the wall to come out at the floor level to plug into an outlet ? If not is it possible to put a PLUG on a piece of romex & run that thru the wall ?
NO and NO, Yes, of course it is possible to do those things. But is it safe to do so.
In your asking that question, I'd suggest that you call an electrician and have the work done properly.
SD

What shopdog said. And even if it was safe, it would be a cob job. Really lame & sloppy.

Suggestion install one of those recessed clock outlets (in a standard with wall wired manner) in the wall behind where to hang the LCD screen. IIRC most of them were only two pin simplex (single) outlet not duplex. Used quite often before advent of battery clocks.

Three pronged recessed clock outlets are certainly available:
http://www.levitonhelpdesk.com/catalog/default.asp?frame=body&screen=productdisplay&ProductNumberh8

This is not recommended.

Not only is this a hazard, wouldn't this look a bit tacky? Install an electrical outlet exactly where you need it. There are electrical boxes with swing-out tabs that grab the drywall. Put a cover plate on it.