Hanging Drywall with Nail Gun?

I've got an AirCompressor and two guns (one is a finishing gun 18 ga, the other is a framing gun).
Can I hang drywall (successfully) with a nail gun, even on ceilings?
Would this be in violation of generalized codes?
Which type of gun would I use?
I see Bostich has a DW Series Nail on some sites that it claims if for Drywall (but not specifically hanging).
Would a Brad Gun be right?
Add pictures here
✖

First, any nail you use has to have a head to hold the paper. Brads and finish nails out. A nail has to be specifically designed for drywall for the mud to stick to the head. I have heard of using guns for drywall in other countries, but but I haven't seen it yet here. The gun would have to be designed to have very precise control of depth. Buy yourself a drywall screw gun.
Add pictures here
✖

Bostitch does list nails and a parts schematic for the DWT450G nail gun, but they do not list the gun itself. Maybe they no longer make it? Perhaps is was not such a good idea? The nails are listed under the Manufactured Housing section of the catalog.
Stick with screw. They hold better and are less likely to pop over time. Brads on a ceiling would be funny to watch as the sheets fall to the floor.
Add pictures here
✖

Plenty of white glue also
Add pictures here
✖

Staple works better than brad.
In any case, the automatic feed gun like this makes the manual drywall screw gun look slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
ŠADqxbG8yk
Add pictures here
✖

I seem to recall several years ago reading about someone who got shot in the head with a nail. It seems he was in a fast food restaurant and there was remodeling going on in the adjacent store. Someone was using a nail gun to hang drywall and missed a stud. The nail shot through two layers of drywall into the person's skull.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:21:15 -0400, "John Grabowski"

I saw another case like that a few years earlier. They were remodelling an offic iirc and the guy shot was a workman in the next room. Also very bad head injury
Add pictures here
✖