hanging doors where carpeting is installed

Hello,
Installing a set of trackless bifolds in an opening that currently has carpeting. I could pull back the carpeting easily enough but I'd rather not if possible. Looking ahead I can imagine shimming the doors into the jamb could be a problem w/a carpet surface.
I'm thinking of laying down some 1/8 masonite to give the shims something a little firmer to wedge against. Could perhaps then wedge the top flush up against the head jamb rather than shooting for an 1/8 in gap...
Anyone who's dealt w/this before care to share some technique? The books I've got don't get into little details like this.
thanks in advance ml
On 15-May-2005, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ignore that as it obviously wouldn't work.... one of these days i'll learn not to ramble in posts.