Hand signals from car

I observed a learner driver being shown hand signals. The instructor stuck his hand through the window and rotated it, then rotated it the other way. I vaguely remember some kind of indicator substitution, but I wasn't taught it in my lessons in 1997, and I doubt many drivers would know what it meant. At least one of them looked like he was beckoning to the car behind to pull round him.
--
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

On 10/13/2015 8:18 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

That's very interesting that you broach this subject. As a well-versed driver of over 50 years experience, I remember well the motorist hand signals, which were of more use to cyclists than folks in autos. Regardless of that, I still frequently use those hand signals whilst driving my most expensive convertible automobile. Most of which involve the use of my middle finger.
Discuss.............

Cyclists can just stick their arm straight out. Which I take as a challenge to knock them over.

I prefer a more active gesture, kinda like the move IAM drivers use on the steering wheel, but with the hand in the air clearly visible to the offending driver.
--
An old Irish farmer's dog goes missing and he's inconsolable.
His wife says "Why don't you put an advert in the paper?"