hampton bay "remington" fan

I have conclude it is the receiver that is bad in my fan. I was told it is in the motor housing at the top. I have taken the entire fan apart except fo the motor itself. So where is the reciever located???

Contact the manufacturer and ask technical support.

I assume you know for sure this fan has wireless control? If so, it can't be hard to find the reciever. It has to be between the AC line and the motor, just follow the wires. It's a small module usually inside the housing. Also maybe someone shoved it into the ceiling box?
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:15:31 -0500, "luthier"

HB has done this two ways that I know of. Most common I think is a separate module that is up inside the canopy the mounts to the ceiling, above the down rod.
But I have also seen it built into the switch housing that hangs below the motor, where the light kit mounts if your model has lights.
HTH,
Paul