Hampton Bay Gossamer Fan - how to change bulb?

I have a Hampton Bay Gossamer Series fan with light kit (& remote). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the bulb. There is a glass cover surrounded by a brass colored ring, which has the chains passing through it, so it apparently does not turn.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Alan
Get 3 friends to hold you and one to turn the fan. It will pop right out.
Hold the bulb and spin the fan, I hear it works.
Hook up a bypass to the main switch and put in track lights, easier to replace and look better.
Call Moe and Larry and Curly
Use a hammer to break the glass, i do.

Turn the glass plate (only) to the left about a quarter turn and it will drop down.