Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Model ??

The power went out in my home and I guess it blew something in my Fan because ithe Fan no longer words, I tripped the Power Switch and all else works except the fan. Can you replace the Capacitator? Is it worth it ? I would just replace it with another but I can't find one with the Ceiling dome as wide as mine. I don't want to have to Paint due to the ring on the ceiling the old dome might leave, so I'm looking for a fan with a very large dome. I tried to locate a Model Number on the Fan, but I cannot find one. there's a tag that just says Hampton Bay. I tried Home Depot but they have thousands of Models but none with a Large Dome. I know my questions are many, but I need help from someone who knows. Thanks in advance

Reply to
Dino

You might be able to kill two birds with one stone. Check here and see if they have a dome that fits your needs:

If you don't see what you need on the site, call them on the phone. If you are successful, you will end up with a fan that is so much better than what you had before, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. It'll cost more, but you won't mind after it's installed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If none of the speed positions on the fan work, check at HD for a switch replacement. That is an easy and inexpensive try. Before disconnecting the old switch make a careful note of where the wires go.

If that is not it and you are set on a new fan, look at the canopies (dome) for similar fans and see if they are not interchangeable.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Reply to