hammock question

I got a hammock. From eye to eye is 11'. My patio supports are about 8' wide, plus or minus. I could use an outside 4x6 support leg, and then attatch the other end to a double stud, but am not sure if the double stud would hold it, or if it would cause the stucco to flex off. I have looked and looked, and there just doesn't seem to be any place to put it where it wouldn't be in the way.
I have 2x8 rafters 24" oc, and 14 feet long. Can a hammock be hung from rafters, or would that make it fold up too much in the middle, hence folding the napping person in half? Could I use steel tubes coming down vertically from the rafters, and then use chains at an angle from the lowest point back up to the rafter?
Some ideas, please.
I'll probably just make a tube steel base for it, but that's just another thing to do and another thing to move around.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

I had a hammock once and hated it. Do what I did and toss it in the trash and buy a chase lounge with a nice cushion.

And if you can't find one of those, try a chaise longue (French for "long chair").
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 3/8/2014 9:18 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Je ne parle pas Français mais...
I went to walmart.com and typed in "chase lounge" and got 1032 results.
Then I tried "chaise longue" and only got 4 results.
So to maximize your choices (in the USA), use "chase lounge".
Alors allez te faire foutre. ;-)

The usual American spelling is neither of these. It's chaise lounge.
At walmart.com, it got 1157 results.
Then I tried chase lounge, got 1032 hits, and they all said chaise.
Except for CHASE Official Site?Get $150 With a Chase Total? Checking Account! Learn More.??www.chase.com/$150Offer