Half Wall Repair

We have a half wall that divides the dining room from the steps leading down to the basement. The problem is that on the corner of the wall (which is rounded), the paint has peeled off in large chunks exposing what looks to be plastic underneath. Is it plastic? Would the entire wall be constructed of this? What can I use to patch this up? And, for my future reference, is there an easy way to maybe even cap off the wall with a nice looking wooden cap or something?

Thanks!

Reply to
shederr

shederr wrote: The problem is that on the corner of the

if it looks like plastic, it's plastic. If it's an outside corner there have been multiple options to make these solid, most common is metal, but I have seen paper and plastic used for these applications.

If it doesn't feel like drywall then it's whatever you thought it was in the first place. Patch where the paint is flaking with paint....

maybe, you'll have to look around.

No problem. If you'd like further assistance please take a picture and post it or be much more descriptive.

Reply to
kellyj00