Hair Under Polyurethane

I just had my hardwood floors refinished, and a single, short, curly hair (about 3/4" long) must have fallen onto the floor prior to the last coat of poly, and now it is beneath that coat of poly. It sort- of catches the light when you walk in and out of the room, so it is quite noticable.
Is there any way to remove the hair (which is just beneath the surface) without damaging the finish? If not, is there any way to hide the disturbance to the finish? (Maybe one of those floor cleaning solutions with poly?)
Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 20, 5:41 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nope and nope. Anything you do to remove it will probably make the blemish even more noticeable. The "sort of catches the light" problems might "sort of never be noticed by anyone else". If you do decide to pick it out, be prepared to spot sand and add another coat if it does become more objectionable. If you put down gloss poly and the hair is in a trafficked area, the scuffs and scratches of every day living will quickly make it less noticeable.
✖
Easiest solution would be to sprinkle hairs all over the table and then put on another coat of poly. Let em think it's the textured finish you were going for.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:28:06 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Use and exacto knife to remove the hair. Buff that spot with a clean clothe. Using the same product and a very tiny brush, build up the crevice via as many coats as necessary. Once level, and cured, a little buffing should make it tolerable; maybe flawless. Good luck.
________________________ Whatever it takes.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:41:14 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What kind of poly is in that floor cleaning solution you have in parens? Not polyurethane? I don't think there is any cleaning solution that dissolves polyurethane and if there were, it would make a lot of people angry when all they wanted to do was clean.
I hate to argue with a regular here, but my experience is that patching polyurethane is not noticeable.
So I might just sand out the hair with medium to fine sand paper, finishing with as fine as you used on the floor before you finished it, and then patch with polyurethane.
I had a bad experience when I poly'd the dining room of the apartment I rented. The instructions i read said to buff with steel wool between coats, and how long to wait before buffing. I did, and the steel wool embedded itself all over the floor. I'd returned the sanders and didn't want to sand again anyhow, so I just put another coat on. Later I noticed that unlike hardwood floors with other finishes IME, the poly wore off in the areas of high traffic. I don't remembdr if I patched those areas or not.
You could test my suggestion by taking a 1x2 foot piece of wood and polying 2/3rds, sanding down part of it, and then repolying the sanded part, blending in to the undsanded part. You'd be using the exact same brand of poly, so it might be a very good test.
You know, you miight try prying one end up with a hat pin, and then lifteing it all out. You can't pull it out lenthwise or that would leave an empty tube yhou'd never be able to fill. You'd still have to sand.
Or you could wait a while and see if you still notice it. Are you intending to put another coat on soon?

Add pictures here
✖

No argument at all - different strokes and all that. It's just that I've found people that object to a small imperfection don't appreciate a different and larger imperfection - like a ring of variance in the sheen around the repair. It's kind of like the first ding on your new car - drives you nuts until you get some more.
✖
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:39:23 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

I just got my first ding an hour ago, and I did it myself, at the grocery store. From the shopping cart. I was parked sideways on a hill, and this cart didn't have the plastic bumpers on the front edges.
At least it's the first scratch since the car was repainted 18 months ago, and right on my door.
Where can I get some more dings?

Add pictures here
✖

Is this something I can legitimately call the floor guy back for, or will he laugh me off the phone?
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 21, 2:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Can't tell without seeing it. Post some pictures on one of those free hosting sites then post the link(s) here.
✖

Leave it in a Wal-Mart parking lot for twenty minutes.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Just leave it. No one knows it's there except you. You just lock on to it every time you look at the floor.
Add pictures here
✖