Hail Damage - Dealing with Insurance Claim

Page 2 of 2
In typed:

Yes, your concerns are valid. Get pictures, get to your insurance agent & bring those quotes with you to show them AFTER you know what they'll pay. They might send their own people out to take pictures, too, but know your facts first. Check any contract estimate for how far off they can be; can they charge you up to 10k more, or what? Read carefully, I mean.
HTH,
Twayne`
On 6/2/2011 9:01 AM, Scott wrote:

I'd be concerned.
I worked billing medical insurance for a few years and that's standard procedure. Get a bunch of estimates and have an adjuster make some recommendations too. Never can be too careful. There are going to be some out-of-towners in to do contract jobs for the local contractors too. Even when you think you're getting a local crew.
Jim