Haier HD305 Dehumidifier Problem ... Will not drain from hose

Hello,

I have a Haier HD305 Dehumidifier that was working for the past couple of years. For some reason, it no longer drains from the attached hose. Instead, it fills up the bucket with water, meaning that I need to empty it out from time to time. I'm trying to figure out what happened. I took the hose apart and there doesn't appear to be any blockage. Nothing seems to "pop out". Any reason why it is not draining through the hose anymore?

Thanks

Reply to
Jason

You should snake out the hose, and the pipe where it attaches. All kinds of goo can accumulate and grow in there. Adding a small amount of bleach from time to time can help.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Likely the hose is clogged. Screw the short drain hose onto the end of your garden hose, and turn the water on. You'll likely seee a bunch of dirt fly out the hose end.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Also, check if water runs out of the unit with the hose unhooked. If it does, then the problem is likely the hose. IF not, then the tube inside the unit may need to be cleaned out. They generally work by the water going into the tube first and if it can't flow out that way, then it spills into the bucket inside.

Reply to
trader4

mine is brand new and new hose still won't drain out the hose

Reply to
snjmattj

Is the new hose supposed to drain out the hose? I thought water drained out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

replying to rangerssuck, Richard A DiClemente wrote: There is a rubber plug that you have to remove after unscrewing the cap.

Reply to
Richard A DiClemente

Oh NO !! Too late, rangerssuck was beaten and killed 8 years ago by rampaging rabid Rangers fans leaving a game at MSG.

Reply to
catalpa