Haha-I was wondering why this floor was sunk down

When we first walked through the house I noticed the floor being sunk and spongy in front of the bathroom. I assumed there was some major problem that someone tried to fix, but couldn't, because I could see where the floor had been cut into before, yet the floor wasn't right. I was prepared to have to dig in some sort of pier in the crawlspace, but when I re-opened up the floor all I could do was laugh. I guess if all you have access to is two small pieces of 2X6 and one small piece of 2X10 this is the best you can do.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5129 (20100519) __________

CraigT

ure database 5129 (20100519) __________

If you own this, you have major work ahead.

Reply to
hrhofmann

If you own this, you have major work ahead.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5130 (20100519) __________

Not bad at all. Not like bringing a post hole digger in the house to make a pier. I'll sister in three joists going back about four feet on each and run them out to the far double joist and attach them with hangers.

The hardest part will be trying to get the height right, even though a majority of this floor is going to be carpeted so I can leave the floor plywood. The reason the height is an issue is the old floor was 3/4" oak with the sub floor being 1 bys (3/4") at a diagonal. Modern floor plywood is under 23/32" so I'll likely use 2 sheets with 1/8" masonite in between.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5130 (20100519) __________

CraigT

ure database 5129 (20100519) __________

I get an "unauthorized referrer" message when I click on the link or paste the URL in the address bar.

It's actually an *image* of black text that reads:

pics. bbzzdd. com unauthorized referrer sorry :(

Reply to
DerbyDad03

CraigT wrote: ...

Easiest I've found is to add a layer of felt paper or so; can make virtually any thickness needed by one or more plies cheaply and certainly easier than trying shimming or finding other thicknesses of stock materials.

--

Reply to
dpb

I get an "unauthorized referrer" message when I click on the link or paste the URL in the address bar.

It's actually an *image* of black text that reads:

pics. bbzzdd. com unauthorized referrer sorry :(

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5132 (20100520) __________

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5132 (20100520) __________

CraigT

ature database 5129 (20100519) __________

Ditto here.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Huh???? Why not just post a *working* link? And what's with all of the Nod32 crap?

Reply to
Ron

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

pics. bbzzdd. com unauthorized referrer sorry :(

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

.

LOL!!!!

Reply to
Ron

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. When I clicked on the url, I saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support underneath.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hanig

OK, folks...here is the problem.

It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer.

I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.

Reply to
Ron

Here is the pic

Ron

It opens fine for me, and I'm using Firefox.

Reply to
Tony

Well, it doesn't for me but does with IE so................................

Reply to
Ron

Au contraire. I opened it with Firefox.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hanig

3.6.3?

Other people are having problems, so something isn't right.

Reply to
Ron

Opens fine with FF 3.6.3 for me.

Reply to
willshak

Doesn't work in IE 6 on my office machine.

Doesn't work in FF 3.6.3 on my home machine.

Works in IE 7 on my home machine (same one where is doesn't work in FF

3.6.3)

Works in Safari on a MacBook Pro

Works in IE 8, Opera and FF 3.6.3 on my son's machine

Go figure.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

...and it works fine with SeaMonkey 2.0.4

Reply to
Ned Flanders