Haha-I was wondering why this floor was sunk down

Page 1 of 2

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/floor.jpg
When we first walked through the house I noticed the floor being sunk and spongy in front of the bathroom. I assumed there was some major problem that someone tried to fix, but couldn't, because I could see where the floor had been cut into before, yet the floor wasn't right. I was prepared to have to dig in some sort of pier in the crawlspace, but when I re-opened up the floor all I could do was laugh. I guess if all you have access to is two small pieces of 2X6 and one small piece of 2X10 this is the best you can do.
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5129 (20100519) __________
http://www.eset.com

If you own this, you have major work ahead.

If you own this, you have major work ahead.
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5130 (20100519) __________
http://www.eset.com
Not bad at all. Not like bringing a post hole digger in the house to make a pier. I'll sister in three joists going back about four feet on each and run them out to the far double joist and attach them with hangers.
The hardest part will be trying to get the height right, even though a majority of this floor is going to be carpeted so I can leave the floor plywood. The reason the height is an issue is the old floor was 3/4" oak with the sub floor being 1 bys (3/4") at a diagonal. Modern floor plywood is under 23/32" so I'll likely use 2 sheets with 1/8" masonite in between.
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5130 (20100519) __________
http://www.eset.com
CraigT wrote: ...

Easiest I've found is to add a layer of felt paper or so; can make virtually any thickness needed by one or more plies cheaply and certainly easier than trying shimming or finding other thicknesses of stock materials.

I get an "unauthorized referrer" message when I click on the link or paste the URL in the address bar.
It's actually an *image* of black text that reads:
pics. bbzzdd. com unauthorized referrer sorry :(
I get an "unauthorized referrer" message when I click on the link or paste the URL in the address bar.
It's actually an *image* of black text that reads:
pics. bbzzdd. com unauthorized referrer sorry :(
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5132 (20100520) __________
http://www.eset.com
Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5132 (20100520) __________
http://www.eset.com

Huh???? Why not just post a *working* link? And what's with all of the Nod32 crap?

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:
pics. bbzzdd. com unauthorized referrer sorry :( Thanks for the help.

.
LOL!!!!
On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. When I clicked on the url, I saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support underneath.
Jay

OK, folks...here is the problem.
It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer.
I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.

Here is the pic
http://i49.tinypic.com/vder14.jpg
Ron wrote:

It opens fine for me, and I'm using Firefox.

Well, it doesn't for me but does with IE so................................
On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

Au contraire. I opened it with Firefox.
Jay

3.6.3?
Other people are having problems, so something isn't right.
Ron wrote the following:

Opens fine with FF 3.6.3 for me.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It opens fine with FF 3.6.3. at home fine. It won't open at work with the same version, though.

Probably the security perimeter on your LAN at work, or a net-nanny blocking 'outside' pictures in general. Malicious code can be buried in pictures, so many corporate LANs block some or all .jpg files, especially ones not embedded in an actual web page.
--
aem sends...

Could easily be, but certainly not all pictures are blocked. Usually a 100pt. font warning is displayed when you go to a site the nanny disapproves. With this one it was just some html gobbledygook, or somethin.