Habitat for humanity any volunteers here?

Page 2 of 2

A local supervisor, moved over to the international wing of HFH. He's been sent to Hurricane Katrina ravaged areas. They told him there was no housing, but rumor has it HFH promised him his own tent.
Funny thing is he joked about it, and if it's true, he's a real hero for taking the position to help the hurricane victims.
later,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com
Hi...
I've been trying to volunteer down in the gulf for Katrina rebuilding for several weeks. All my emails to Habitat national and the regional Alabama and Mississippi affiliates have gone unanswered. Seems like nobody's interested in a lone volunteer. I've talked to a couple of people who've gone as part of, say, 10-person groups from a church or a rotary club, but I don't belong to either.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to find a project for a week as a single volunteer? Don't mind tent or sleeping bag.
Thanks _mark

First, I do not WORK for HFH.
Second, talk to your local chapter. They were advertising for individual volunteers to go down to Jackson, Miss. They offered barracks like a commidations and a couple meals. Rumor has it, food was being donated above what HFH was giving, so you could get several meals. ;)
Third, look at the actual HFH website, I found this request for volunteers in Ga. http://www.urlbee.com?2325
Remember, I do not represent HFH, so you need to do what you are doing, ask around. Just to the right people.
Good luck,
tom

Show up?
Find a group that's going and tag along?
wrote:

cost

I've been volunteering for about a year now. I'm a licensed electrician, so my skills are in demand, but they/we are always willing to teach those who want to learn.
Volunteering with them has opened my eyes to the number of people out there who can afford a certain amount of cost, but really can't afford rip off prices for services.
I highly recommend volunteering.
tom