Gutterless in NJ

I've been in my current home about 6-7 years. It's a carriage house style, basically an oversized garage with living quarters overhead. First story is cinderblock walls on a slab, second story is woodframe.
The house is 50-60 years old and appears to have never had gutters and downspouts. There are furrows along the sides from rainwater dripping off the roof, but they're not very deep. Do I need to worry about structural problems due to inadequate drainage? What could happen?
Thanx, B.

Lots of homes don't have gutters especially in snow country. So long at you have no problems with water damage then there is literally nothing to worry about. It does create those furrows under the eaves but so long as the water drains away from the house then it is purely a cosmetic concern.
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:05:51 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz"

I was told by an inspector, water is a major source of problems in a house. Mold, soil heaving, etc. Controling the water is a great choice to prevent any current, or future problems with water intrusion.
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

That's correct. Pouring lots of water close to the foundation is never a good idea and it's better if you can avoid it. The water can cause problems with the foundation, get into basements, and the excess water and splash back can cause rot of any wood walls, trim, etc. Houses without gutters usually have longer roof overhangs so the water is kept as far as possible from the structure.
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:05:51 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz"

Mostly, the same as what has happened in the last 50 to 60 years.
Do you see any damage? Are there other housees like yours on your block or within 10 miles? Without shutters? Have you talked to their owners?