Gutter Quote

I am getting gutters replaced and i have a quote for $2,200.00. I live in the New Orleans area and its about 190 ft around the house. Does this seem in the ball park? Thanks,
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't have gutters but last time I checked on price 7-8 years ago it was half that for twice the perimeter. Central Florida.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

That would be excellent price for some gutter replacement. I can put up cheapo home depot gutters for a fraction of that, though.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

shop around or wait til next year when most of the crooks have gone home or been arrested.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Upstate NY - I've just contracted for 108'(54' x 2 straight runs) of 5", & 2 downspouts for a 2 story metal roof cabin. Will keep the drizzle & dew off balcony entrances/exits, and get a good amount of water diverted away from the basement & toward the lake. They will likely overflow with the type of rain we had here this week, though(still better than just spilling all of it off the edge). $900.00 & change.
Corners & bends are counted as 4' when estimating by the foot, so with downspouts it looks like you are good to go.
Rob
On 13 Jul 2006 08:33:07 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com quickly quoth:

Man, I can't believe the prices you guys are quoting. I paid $374 for guttering my 1,700sf house 4 years ago here in Oregon. Continuous 5" prepainted steel, 4 straight runs, 4 downspouts, some drip channel, about 125 feet total. 3 guys came in a pickup with the trailered machine and were done in a couple hours flat using a pair of 8' ladders. The gutters are about 9' from ground level.
I had put up a couple new fascia boards before they came. That saved me $200.
That so many of you guys are being quoted $2k-3k prices blows me away! Are they made of titanium or something? My 3 quotes were all under $500. Even with some kinky-shaped gutters, those prices you quote are outrageous! Oregon isn't known for low prices on anything, either. Amazing.
--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. - http://diversify.com Web Applications
Larry Jaques wrote:

Aluminum.
Rob
On 13 Jul 2006 08:33:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No it is not even close to the ballpark..unless you have some special situation. I see quotes around here for about $2 per linear foot even less sometimes. Maybe yours is on the "90th floor" and you left that out? :-)

I just had one side of my single family house done, including the downspout, for $96 Canadian.

You left out some important information.
1.The size of gutter. 2.The type of material. 3.The thickness of material. 4.How they will hang it. Spike & ferrule is the cheapest way, but not the best. If they propose to hang it with spikes, make sure they go into the rafter tails. Also, if spike & ferrule, what type? 5. How often do they intend to fasten it. For 24" O.C. rafters, it is best to fasten at every rafter tail. For 16" O.C., every other tail is sufficient.
There are many cost cutting features, just like any other project.
In this area, you would be able to get formed 5" aluminum gutters with built in cover/topper on it. A .032 thickness with hidden hangers. And a factory baked enamel. You would still have money left over for movies & a very expensive dinner for a family of four.