Gutter installation help, please.

I have done a search on google but not found a place that shows gutter installation for a 'do-it-yourselfer' and would really appreciate if if someone would give me a link.

Today I bought a strip of steel gutter from Home Depot but they had no literature and the counter guy didn't seem to have much idea about how to do it.

Also, if you thing that there is a better material than the galvanized steel, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.

Lewis.

********************************
Reply to
limeylew

Galvi rusts. Aluminum bends too easily, get's chaulky, colors fade. Plastic, easy to work with, no painting.

As far as hanging them, it's easy, just use the right amount of fastners and pitch for the size of the gutter you bought. Simple search on Google for "hanging gutters" shows tons of links for the DIYer.

Reply to
Brian V

Thanks.

"Hanging gutters" worked like charm.

I had been trying "Installing gutters" and was getting nowhere, fast.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

Reply to
limeylew