gutter downspout adapters

While we are talking gutters (previous posting). These new ones I just had done do not have downspout adapters. Aluminum downspout to the cast-iron storm drain tile. In the old days I would just stuff a little newspaper, then cement the gap and forget about it. Now-a-days they have all these adapters and covers. Is it worth removing 6 newly attached downspouts to add the adapters? Is there a different material like duck seal to shove in the gap? Or go back to the old stand-by, cement?
Thanks TP
What, you got water spewing out? Tom
Yea, I'm with Tom. Why the sudden urge to make works and spend money - got too much of that?? You know what worked before so what the heck. Adapters? Adapters??? You don't need no stiiiinking adapters, man!!

C & M wrote:

No water spewing out,,,LOL. Just a gap from the 2x3 downspout in approx. 4 dia. cast iron hub. I usually fill the gap to prevent anything crawling in or out. Or to just make sure nothing falls in to plug the pipe. Rope sounds good (oakum?).
I have seen PVC adaptors. Maybe you can use some of that plastic lead to attach the pvc to the cast iron.
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:07:16 GMT, TP

I stuffed a chunk of old rope in mine. Its worked fine for 15 years.