Gutter clogged - who to call?

I have a house with an interior courtyard where half the roof actually slopes to this courtyard. For this reason there is a gutter around the edge and eventually drains to a gutter which goes down and into the the slab and bends and eventually comes out of the house on the other end.
This is now completely clogged up from leaves and debris going into it.
I have tired to shoot water using a high speed garden hose jet, no luck...so I need professional help.
What kind of professionals do I need? Don't think I need a plumber right? I don't think this is appropriate to shoot down a 3" snake designed for a PVC sewer.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
MC

Are the downspouts or drainage line clogged. You can use a rodder for either. This is really DIY stuff. While you're cleaning the gutter, you should lay gutter screens.
miamicuse wrote:

Hi, Can I call you LAZY BUGGER?

edge
and
luck...so
right?
What do you mean?
This is a house I just bought and had dozens of problems I need to address. Half of the down spout is buried inside the concrete slab and it is blocked somewhere. How am I being lazy?
MC
You can call a 100$ hr plumber, I call an 8$hr kid.

$8/hr kiddo, if he slips off the roof, can make for a future home insurance cost which would make a $100/hr gutter installer look pretty cheap.
Banty

Or maybe just sensible and aware of limitations.
Two things I don't do - climb on my roof and crawl around in my crawlspace. The local E.R. has enough business, thank you.
For this I'd contact a gutter installer. I did in the past. It'll cost a little more than you'd think, though.
Banty

Banty wrote:

how is crawling in a crawl space going to send you to the e-room?

Panic. :)
Crawlspaces ain't my thing.
Cheers, Banty

miamicuse wrote:

Is it thin downspout material or is there a real drain pipe under the slab? I would try roto router type people to clear the clog under the house/slab. You should clean your gutters and downspouts yourself.
miamicuse wrote:

Neighborhood male teenager. Trade clean gutter for one hour of high-speed internet porn.

Nice try, but I think you should just go get your own porn...

DO NOT hire the neighborhood teen for ladder work. ( or any other potentially harmful job )
If he falls on his head, Mom & Dad will SUE They'll own your house, your car, and your future earnings too !!
<rj>

Generally, I call a 'handyman' service for the gutters and a 'drain cleaning' service for the underground stuff (think: Roto-Rooter, but they are an expensive franchise. Use a local guy). After fracturing vertebra I don't do roofs either.
On Wed, 31 May 2006 22:55:22 -0400, "miamicuse"

Call a hardware store, ask if they have snakes forsale. That's what a pro is going to use, and they are going to charge you a big chunk of change to take time out of their busy day to do your little job.
If the underground line is clogged you might want to call Rooter Rooter. Worse case (expensive) is they come with their $500 pump job to get the clog out without damaging line.
In future consider Leafguard brand gutters. They do not get crap in them. Period. Mine are up 9 years now. Old gutters clogged in 4 months. In 9 years Leafguards have never been cleaned and are absolutely clean. Forget the add on gutter helmits. I had them in my previous house and they didn't work at all.