gutter

I have 13 year old gutters and live on a wooded lot. Gutters have not worked properly since roof was replaced 5 years ago because of hail damage. The water is rotting out door theshold and wooden windom sills on first floor. I currently have screens which were installed 5 years ago but have outlived usefullness. I am considering a gutter guard system like leaf guard. I received an estimate and the price was, $3,286 for 169 feet and new downspouts etc. Does anyone have experience with the product and its cost, or similiar products. Thanks Ron
There seems to be a lot of mixed review of all the leaf catchers. It appears to be a result of local conditions and plants.
My question is this. What exactly happened to cause the gutters not to work five years ago when they worked on your roof. My first idea would be to go back to what was working before.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I'm goin' thru the same thing, and I wouldn't pay $3000 for that system. Check with a local, reputable, contractor who installs gutter systems, before you pay that kind of money to Leaf Guard.
Op
on UseNet in the alt.home.repair group:

Ron,
You will not get $3,000 worth of performance from such a system. While the Leafguard concept looks good, performance may not be what you expect. Gutters are open for a reason. Covering 95 percent of the gutter opening will have consequences, no matter what the salesperson tells you. Depending on your roof pitch, tree coverage and other factors, performance may vary. In my view, dollar for dollar, you will get far more bang for you buck with extra wide gutters (6" instead of 5") and a quality gutter screen product such as Steelco gutter screens. Please visit www.gutterscreen.net for more info on Steelco gutter screens.
Please note that NO leaf filter product will make your gutters 100 percent maintenance free. You should always take into consideration what will be involved if the gutters ever require cleaning or other service. With price and serviceability in mind, i think you'll find Steelco screens an attractive option. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Cu