gurgling radiators

Hi all

6 months ago I had all my rad valves changed to TRV's (Myson)
  1. In the living room is a single 84" x 30" rad. There is a very loud gurgling sound coming from the new valve. The bottom half of the rad is cold. I have blead but not air comes out.

  1. The spare bedroom rad needs bleeding every couple of days.

The boiler is about 20 years old and is turned up to max.

The TRVs virtually turn of the rads if only turned down one notch.

My plumber is not very reliable. It took 4 months and 20 phone calls to get him to do the job so the chances of him coming back to fix them are remote.

TIA for any help

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

You mean the top half is cold or bottom. You do mean hot water , not steam. Your boiler is probably to low on water. What is up to max on your boiler, aquastat or thermostat. Does pump run. .

Reply to
m Ransley

As you have found out, the "Cheapest Company" isnt always the best company. Gurgling is air. It needs to be removed. Spare bedroom has air in it too. It needs to be removed. If the bottom half is cold then so it the top half. If you bleed it and no air comes out what does come out? Anything? If he is not very reliable, then WHY is he your plumber? If you only turn them down one notch and that turns them off then you seem to have a problem but I would guess it was your crack pot plumbers help. Get a new plumber and get it fixed right. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba