Guns

Page 3 of 5
On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 8:55:17 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:

Or people with jobs. Maybe you should try getting one.
Cindy Hamilton

One that requires an alarm clock? No way. I work when I feel like it.
--
Heard on a public transportation vehicle while in Orlando:
"When you exit this vehicle, please be sure to lower your head and watch your step."
On Monday, August 1, 2016 at 12:56:14 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:

Lazy.
Cindy Hamilton

Why accept the 9 to 5 idea?
--
You can make a signature quote seem authoritative by attributing it to a famous person. -- Sun Tzu

On Monday, August 1, 2016 at 2:09:32 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:

Why not? Some of us like regular hours. I get up at 4:30, go to work at 7:30, and come home around 5 every day. My life is ordered and well regulated.
Cindy Hamilton
On 8/1/2016 2:59 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I get up at 5:30 three or four days. Show up at work (Note: I did not say start work) at 7 and leave when I want. Late days I'm home 4:30
I show up at 7AM. One Tuesday I make Ray's onion bagels, Thursday I stop at McDs for breakfast sandwiches and Friday Sue brings donuts. We have tea for the next hour, then start work.
Being semi-retired has its advantages. I cut back one day a couple f yers ago, cut back another day a few months ago, now have someone that can learn the rest of what I do so I can come and go as I please. Took me 50+ years to get to that point though.
On 01/08/2016 01:21, James Wilkinson wrote:

We both have great countries and are close allies.

http://www.citymayors.com/society/usa-youth-curfews.html
No country which does that is civilised.
--
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Funny how we manage without those laws. The parents decide what's best for their own kids.
--
When I told my mum I was going to buy a motorbike she went crazy:
"Don't you remember what happened to your brother? He was killed on one! Why would you want to buy one when you could just have his?"

Most Americans can't locate countries other than their own on a map.
--
There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has
is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough

What has the year an American map was made have to do with the rest of the world?
-- Paddy calls Easyjet to book a flight. The operator asks "How many people are flying with you?" Paddy replies "I don't know! It’s your flipping plane!"

PKB, most Americans don't even know where other countries are.
--
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

On 31/07/2016 20:20, James Wilkinson wrote:

Sadly you lack respect and talk like an idiot.
On 8/1/2016 1:18 AM, Bod wrote:

Jamie likes to live in his imaginary world where his hatred provides him a sense of superiority. When one can't handle the real world, make up your own.
Such a shame your mindset can't rub off on him.

Americans are infamous the world over for being stupid.
--
If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Per ItsJoanNotJoann:

Shortly before we moved out of our old neighborhood, somebody took the trouble to cut the phone lines on the house down the street (owned by the owner of the local jewelry shop) before breaking into the house at night - knowing it was occupied.
Sometime after that, the dead body in the trunk of a parked car on the next street over gave us the final nudge.
I *always* have my doors locked when I am in the house. Used to think it was foolish.... but picked up the practice from my father-in-law in Germany.
Maybe I am over-thinking it, but it seems to me like the homeowner has no real recourse to violence if somebody just wanders into the house through an unlocked door. OTOH, if they had to use force to break the lock....
Not that I am personally equipped in any way to be on the winning side of administering violence.... but still....
--
Pete Cresswell

On 7/30/2016 3:38 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

When I was a kid my sister forgot to lock the door, and while we were sitting in the living room watching tv someone just walked in thinking they were on a different floor of the apt. building. We had a dog at the time and the dog jumped up with teeth showing and almost got the guy as he was exiting our apt. with extreme speed. I'll never forget the look on the guys face.
--
Maggie

You have on average slightly more guns than people. So unless you have a whole rack of them each, most people must have a gun.
--
President Bush was in South Dakota recently. There was an awkward moment at Mount Rushmore when President Bush said, "Hey, look, it's those guys on the money!"
- Conan Obrien
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 2:34:06 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:

People who own guns tend to own more than one. It's like tools. Who has just one screwdriver?
Cindy Hamilton
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

The Brits use butter knives as screw drivers. Many of then have sets of eight.
--
RonNNN