Gun lobby always wins

Page 5 of 9

I said nothing about when or why it was ratified. Dumfuck said the Constitution was 1) outdated and 2) allowed slavery, when it clearly is not and does not. *When* XIII was ratified is irrelevant. The fact that it was lays lie to Dumfuck's assertions.

maybe you should MOVE to one of those nations you favor. I suspect you will find they are not so "free",and their rights are limited.

It's clear YOU can't grasp the concept behind the Second Amendment. Try reading the Declaration of Independence.Pay attention to the part about "to alter or to abolish".TRY to think back to the incumbent British government and their methods of ruling the colonists.I know that's a stretch for you.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

fine. you go ahead take on our modern army with a .38. let me know how that works out

I can't take on the US army with a .38, but I can take on a deranged home invader that breaks into my home in the middle of the night or the one that tries to rob my businesss. Just as countless Americans do every year.
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 06:00:20 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

gee. gunnies say that guns prevent crime.
and here we are in the most heavily armed nation on earth
with the highest murder rate. so it seems guns may prevent shoplifiting
but they dont prevent murder.

which is exactly why i said the 2nd has to be repealed

and what about the 11,000 dead each year. how's that working out for them?

meaningless. compared to what? martians?

you're not too bright, are you?
go read the text of the 21st amendment. what does it say?
oh. it says
'the 18th amendment is hereby REPEALED'
oh. you didnt know that...
uh huh.

try reading the constitution before blowing off your bazoo, OK?

yeah. let me know when it gets repealed, OK?

yeah i know. the NRA has the best congress money can buy

straighten your tin foil hat.

HAHAHAHAHA just because no one is WILLING to repeal it does not mean it doesnt have to be repealed!
cant read english, i suppose

Well, if Guam can capsize...

Dianne Feinstein-CA,Charles Schumer-NY,Frank Lautenberg-NJ,Carolyn McCarthy-NY,for starters.
Feinstein said once on 60 Minutes "If I had the votes,it would be "turn 'em all in,America.""
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 1/13/2011 9:08 AM, Jim Yanik wrote:

Sadly, one day enough politicians like Feinstein will be in power at the same time, and they will try. That is why I tell people to keep their mouths shut about the guns they own, don't display them, etc. We are all better off if the PTB just aren't sure who has guns at home and who doesn't. 'Gun? What gun?'
--
aem sends...

Can you say "private sale"?

You can repeat lies all day long, if it makes you feel good.

What a complete moron.
bpuharic wrote:

You're arguing from the false premise that the 11,000 (really about 9800) dead is a bad thing.
In only about 14% (say, 1500) of U.S. murders were the assailant and victim strangers. Those are truly regrettable.
The remaining 8500 or so murders involve the wife or husband offing the spouse (15%), gang conflicts (33%), or involve an unknown relationship (33%).
In the former case, the spouse probably needed killin', in the case of a gang killing, a squint was removed from the gene pool.
All in all, gun murders are way less bad than the numbers would suggest.
Another way of looking at it is this: There are about 20,000 deaths each year due to (seemingly inadvertent) drug overdoses. We don't get rid of all drugs simply because some died - you have to weigh the good against the potential harm of misuse.
Oren wrote:

The Congress CAN draft a law (sort of) that is not reviewable by the courts. For example, all spending bills that become law are not reviewable as are most tax laws.
When Congress invests a regulatory body to implement regulations, the regulations themselves are generally not reviewable.
Executive orders are not reviewable - although they are not laws. Rules adopted by the Congress for its own use are not reviewable - that's why there are no handicapped facilities in the Capitol.
There's lots of stuff the courts cannot review. And, of course, they often have the capability to simply disregard the issue.

issues. Spending bills I would agree.

what was promulgated is within the mandate given them by Congress. Also, there are constitutional issues that can be brought up.

Executive orders are reviewable. The Supreme Court can also invalidate laws that arise out of presidential executive orders. The 1944 case Korematsu v United States addressed the issue of Japanese-American incarceration. That action resulted from Executive Order No. 9066, signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt February 14, 1942. In this case, the court upheld FDRs executive order. In 1952, the Supreme Court ruled against President Harry S Truman in the case Youngstown Sheet & Tube v Sawyer. In this case, an executive order authorized the federal takeover of the steel industry as an act of wartime necessity; the United States was involved in the Korean War.
In both cases, the Supreme said specifically that EOs were reviewable.

ah. let us know about this when you learn about repealing amendments