gummy wood

I've been sanding a countertop down to refinish it with polyurethane.
I notice that one section seems to be a little tacky or gummy, I can scrape off tiny pills of some kind of stuff. Most of the rest of it feels like bare wood.
I removed some duct tape that was stuck on about 1/2 inch of the back of the area. That is definitely tacky, and I have to remove that too.
This is no heirloom piece. It was covered by some cabinet liner paper that came right off.
TIA.
On 9/12/2011 8:44 PM, cycjec wrote:

Good for you! Good luck with it.
--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX

Buy some 3M adhesive remover. One of the best on the market, very popular in auto body shops. That will take care of the sticky stuff.
Joe

Or try goo gone.

am off to look for some (looked in 2 places already but these were not Real Hardware Stores.

some paint remover ("Zip Strip") is the solution for this issue.

Got some Goo Gone. can't track down the 3M product yet.