Gummed Up Leaf-Blower Carb Cleaning ?>

Hello:

Have a gas Leaf-Blower (2 cycle) that I haven't used in a few years. Probably the carb. is somewhat gummed up.

Was wondering if it would help, or be a good idea, to flush it with this Stab-Oil (gas stabilizer) product to try and clean it out ?

Or, would it be too caustic for the seals, etc. ?

Any other suggestions re what to flush with ? (really don't want to disassemble the complete carb., if I can get away without)

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Fill tank with fresh mix. Gain access to carb air inlet. With choke open, spray in a good, wetting dose of Gumout. Close choke, and let it sit for maybe 15 min. Try to start & run, as you normally would.

Meanwhile, fuel lines may have been deplasticized, diaphragm cracked/leaking. May need repairs or professional help.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry