Guide to electric air compressors for home shops

Page 3 of 3

What that is how noise canceling head-phones work, it's not how two noise sources work. But the above is very much spot on (yws I actually make my living dealing with sound and noise, in the water but it still works the same)
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

I made mine with RF. Everything from microwave receivers that recovered data from the noise floor, to 5 MW EIRP UHF transmitters. At one time I owned a commercial sound business. My record was clear audio five miles away from some pole mounted music grade horns, driven with a 65 watt amplifier. It was at a high school football stadium, with open bleachers. The custom speaker mounts were made of heavy aluminum 'U" channel. 8" wide, 18 inches long, and three inches deep. The thinnest part was 5/8"
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

When I was a kid, I found a screw in driver for a stadium horn. I taped it to a washing machine rotor which was horn shaped and made a pretty good loud speaker. I then took a carbon microphone from an old telephone, put in series with some D cells and the home made speaker and that sucker was loud. The feedback from dropping the microphone into the horn was horrid and being a kid, I just had to use it to chase the dogs all over the farm. Ah, the life of a young mad scientist.
TDD
"Proctologically Violated" wrote:

Only if they are exactly identical, to the last atom, and you are positioned at the exact spot where full cancellation takes place. Otherwise, you would get some reduction. Try it with speakers some time. If they are in phase and facing each other you can find dead spots where you can't hear either speaker. I did this for a football stadium. The players couldn't hear the announcer over the speakers, and you could use a live microphone anywhere between the goal posts.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html